Quick Q re Customer accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Q re Customer accounts

We have not used these before but need to set them up now. I have disabled the login pricing in ActinicPXML so that everyone just sees the retail price. I have noticed however that when logged in the section links become CGI links. Is the only reason for this to keep the login pricing displayed?

I ask because we have mucked about with the navigation a bit and added lots of hard links from duplicates to main sections etc.

It all seems to work fine. The only reason we want login is (a) for convenience for regulars and (b) to allow extra payment methods for a certain customer group. We will not offer alternative pricing for login customers.

Do I have anything to look out for or worry about before we create the first 100 odd accounts later this week?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

I see no problems with this, the cgi links are what happens when you login, i dont know the ins and outs but it has to work this way, it is nothing you have done.

D

Comment

All logged in users are navigated through the bb script to maintain their login status, identity and cookie (basket) content.

Suggest you log in and explore a few of your 'fixed' links to see if they are going to cause a problem. Better to fix them before customer accounts are activated than with customer complaints ringing in both ears.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
      X