Which version of Actinic 8.5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which version of Actinic 8.5.1

Can anyone help me please have searched the forum and can't quite find the answer I am looking for.

I have treated myself to a new laptop running on windows Vista, I have downloaded version 8.5.1 (H F U A , I think it was) last night.

My desktop is running on windows xp with actinic catalog 8.5.1 HERA,

I was hoping to just take a snapshot from my desktop and import it onto my new laptop and vise versa etc.

Will the letters after the version number make any difference, i had alot of trouble when upgrading from version 7 so am very dubious.

The actinic files are in my documents folder on my xp pc.

Is there anything else I need to look out for as I am presuming this won't be very straight forward - being actinic!!!!

Joy

so searching for "hera or hfua" did not bring up this post then

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30610

Comment

Yes it did but I didn't feel completely at ease with the answer, not being very confident about messing with whats not broken!

So I am still none the wiser.

Comment

Joy...just import your HERA snapshot into your HFUA installation.
        Chances are, it'll be fine (mine didn't bat a virtual eyelid LOL)

If it all upgrades fine..then just upgrade your HERA installation to HFUA and you can swap snapshots from one to the other til your hearts content.

Job done.
        don't mix the 2, it's not a good idea.
        You really should be using the latest release.
        Tracey

Comment

OK

"You should have been sent 8.5.1 HFUA rather than 8.5.1 HERA" this comment is what i read

so HFUA is the latest one, alphabetical coding, higher the letters newer the version

D

Comment

Thank You Tracey......you always turn up trumps for me, greatly appreciated....I'll give it a go.

Comment

Sorry Joy, i did not mean to sound abrupt
              D

Comment

Working...
              X