Affiliate Futures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Affiliate Futures

I have posted in the ecommerce section but this is slightly different. I would really like to hear from anyone who is using AffiliateFuture as we are having some issues integrating them with our ite.

Firstly, have you set up the code so that it passes anything other than the total order value to them (which would include shipping and VAT).

Secondly, does anyone who use them also use PayPal and follow their advice on setting up auto return as we currently dont have this established and I think it might cause some issues.

Any advice much appreciated.

Rob

I've integrated a client's site what problem are you experiencing?
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Hi Orchard

Well I have finally set it up without turning PayPal's auto return on that AF specify we should, as Paypal already send people back to our receipt page. I didn't want to change this as i have read posts where other people have had problems with loosing customers/ not returning to the right page so I don't want to fix what ain't broken. Did you use the auto-return feature?

Also, we were told that we would only pay commission on the total before shipping but I am struggling to find the right variable to include in the script - did you use the total order amount or something else?

Thanks
      Rob

Comment

Well on the Affiliate Future site it was easy because the client didn't send the customer off site for payment. and offered free shipping.

However I have also integrated a Webgains site and this did take payments at a payment gateway though not Paypal and did charge shipping.

What I did here was use javascript to store and then calculate the cost of the line items in the cart. And then use this generated total to update a javascript variable that I used document.write(variable) to place into the tracking for the affiliate scheme.

For all of this you will need to bring the customer back to the Actinic Receipt page. Though whether you need to alter Paypals setup to acheive this I'm not quite clear on.
        Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Thanks Wayne (sorry about the name spelling before)

I will have to investigate how to set this up with javascript as I'm not that experienced using it from scratch. If you could point me to any resources/code snipets for this that would be very much appreciated. I may speak to Actinic directly as the only thing that is stopping us from simply using the Subtotal variable is that it is formatted with a '£' which the affiliate wont accept.

As for the Paypal return funciton, it seems to work fine now just letting Actinic do the return without enabling the autoreturn feature so that's one hurdle over.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Well if you just need to replace the £ I think the variable you need to use is either

ActinicOrderTotal - the order total formatted in the Actinic internal format (integer number in currency base unit)
            e.g. 5557 (which you can then divide by 100 to get pounds)

NumericOrderTotal - the order total partially formatted in the appropriate currency. This value include decimal and thousand separators, but leaves off the currency symbol.
            e.g. 55.57 - though I suspect the thousand separaters 11,000 ie the comma are going to cause you a problem so you might be better going with ActinicOrderTotal
            Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Hi Wayne

Unfortunately those are only for the total order - which is what we are using at present - but there is currently no option to have different formats for the sub total... If I find a way of doing this I will post it back here.

Thanks for the help

Rob

Comment

The only way I found was to use javascript to compute the line totals in the basket.
                Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Thanks Wayne - any help with the javascript code would be very welcome. Its on my list for this weekend!

Cheers
                  Rob

Comment

Have you got a multi-site version of Actinic? If so I can give you a snapshot to look at templates.
                    Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Unfortunately not - although that may be round the corner...

Comment

Working...
                      X