Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section positions

Hello,
    I am adding a couple of new sections and rearranging others. Actinic will let me do this for a short time then I get the message " an attempt was made to access an unamed file past its end" followed by " There is already a section with that name at the same level in the catalogue. Please enter a new name".
    Then the program crashes. Asked support and they have told me that I must drag and drop - not cut and paste - I am dragging and dropping!!
    Is any one familiar with this at all?
    Thanks, George

dragging and dropping is risky business!
    Are you dragging and dropping subsections within the same section?
    tbh, I find cut and paste less "buggy" but you can't cut a section that contains products with duplicates so it's not always a solution.
    And, there's something a little worrying about selecting "cut" for parts of a live site!

Not very helpful really, but wanted to sympathise and say I never drag and drop unless I really have to because it's not very stable doing so, IME
    Tracey

Comment

have tried cut and paste to no avail. It is one section that is proving problematic and crashing it every time.

Comment

are you moving it to a position within the same section or into a different section?
        Is it accurately telling you there's already a section with the same name? What happens if you rename it and try?
        Tracey

Comment

I add a new section to the wine shop called "Armagnac and Brandy". It then appears at the top. I need it to be after the Port section. I start dragging and dropping, starting with Gift Shop at the bottom and working up. Everything is fine until "Classic Collection" - then I get the error.
          The site is www.smithfieldwine.com if want to see the sections on the left

Comment

If you right click on Port, and then 'Add New Section' it should appear in the right place (obviously delete the exisiting Armagnac and Brandy section first).
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

that is the reason why dragging and dropping drives me nuts!
              because, when you're doing it with sections, you have to stack the whole lot each time or it drops in as a sub-section.

I'd cut and paste it personally but, as Bill said, if you have the section above where you want your section to appear highlighted before right click > New section...your new one should appear in the correct place anyway.
              Tracey

Comment

Doesn't Jan have a sorted tool thingumy job to set the order?

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                  because, when you're doing it with sections, you have to stack the whole lot each time or it drops in as a sub-section.
                  Try using the shift key! I think it will make you smile.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                    Try using the shift key! I think it will make you smile.

omfg why didn't I know that?

Lee, I could KISS you!!

I've been putting off re-ordering my sections for months because dragging and dropping and having to stack the whole list is perilous!

woohoo..let the re-shuffle commence

*makes a graven image of Lee to worship*
                    Tracey

Comment

There will probably be many who on reading this have just learnt it too Tracey, i guess it's just one of those things not widely known.

Comment

this is why i use Jan's catalog sorter, it simply puts everything into Alpha order. I prefer this order as everyone (who can read) can understand it. I get annoyed at some sites that seem to randonly order things - it may be the the site owners logic, but it never matches mine. Gimme old fashioned A-Z (Ta Jan)

Comment

Working...
                        X