Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Button to Top Navigation Bar

Hi,

Could someone try to help me… please?! I have searched and couldn’t find anything related to this, but I apologise if it has already been covered!

I’m new and trying to learn how to insert a new button into the top navigation bar. I have created a section page called “Customer Services” (had to create a section page because couldn’t create a hierarchical brochure page). And would like a button for Customer Services to appear next to contact us etc.

I would be grateful if you could shed some light

Thanks

Lucy

Originally posted by rumapop
    (had to create a section page because couldn’t create a hierarchical brochure page). And would like a button for Customer Services to appear next to contact us etc.
    Lucy, can you clarify what you mean by the above please, all brochure pages sit at the same level if that is what you are referring to. Do you mean you are trying to put a brochure page into another?

Theres a tutorial on my site which may help, i don't fully understand what you mean sorry.

Comment

Hi Lee

Thanks for the reply, sorry if it didn’t make much sense, there’s not a lot left of my brain today!

I wanted to create a “Customer Services” page with sub-pages from that e.g. Customer Services > Delivery Info or Customer Services > Returns Policy etc. I tried to do it as a brochure page, but couldn’t put sub-pages into brochure pages and it’s far too long otherwise

Actinic Help says:
      “Note: You cannot create a hierarchy of brochure pages within brochure pages. If you want to create a hierarchy, then create sections and sub-sections in the store area, and put fragments within the sections.”

So I then created a section “Customer Services” and a sub-section “New Customer Information” and then inserted fragments with the information into that. I have attached an image of content tree Click image for larger version

Name:	Content_Tree.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	542113

So now I have this page section page “Customer Services” and I want a link to it in the top nav bar next to Contact us etc – have also attached an image showing what I want Click image for larger version

Name:	Customer_Services.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	542114

Sorry if this seems a bit long-winded… hope it’s clearer

Lucy

Comment

Good question Lucy - I've been trying to do this for awhile now and keep hitting a brick wall

In my case I have the typical "back to top" as a link button on the top nav bar - what's the point in that being there if you're already at the top of the page!!

Comment

does this thread help at all?

It's certainly a process that needs simplifying in future versions, IMO
          Tracey

Comment

The exact details depend on which layouts you are using (text or buttons) but in essence switch to the design tab and click on the any of the existing buttons.. this will display a layout for that button eg Terms Image Navigation Button or whatever you clicked on.

Click the "navigate to parent layout" icon - the yellow swirl on the bottom of code window .. you may need to do this twice to navigate to the actual parent layout eg: Horizontal Nav Bar Images

Here you will see a list of all the layouts (pink) for home, site map, terms etc and load of green Block ifs.

Right at the very end you can hard code your HTML there .. or insert a new layout. First go to the library, find an existing layout Eg Terms Image Navigation Button and right click ... select copy .. you can then rename this new layout to a more useful name. Double click this layout and add your new code... this layout can be added to the end of the parent layout as above eg: Horizontal Nav Bar Images

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks Tracey & Jont for this

As you say "it's the weather"

Brains shot to smithers me thinks.....

Comment

Thank you... that's perfect!

Comment

Working...
                X