Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping Voucher

Hi

We currently have our store set up on the weight of items and then that determins the amount of shipping charge the customer is expected to pay. However, in September I want to allocate a VOUCHER to exsisting customers for free shipping. How can i set this up, as when i've looked at the voucher scheme it is either done by % or £. Every order would be different.

Not fully thought through but you could add a new product with a huge weight ... 9999kg .. with a nominal cost and a coupon code set to 100% of this product.. thereby bumping the weight into a new shipping set at say 9998kg = £0.00

The coupon prevents anyone from adding and getting the free shipping.

Not tested and probably full of flaws but something for the melting pot nonetheless.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Free Shipping Voucher

Thanks for that. Great though, but i've got 1000s of products on our site, all at different weights and values, so don't think that idea would work. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Their weight does not matter but the weight of the one product ... you set that weight to a massive amount .. far higher than any possible combination of products .. so when the products they buy plus the dummy product is added to the cart the total weight is humungous .. 9999kg for example ... you can then set your shipping table with a band set at 9998kg = £0.00 so it will be free.

If you are selling Sherman Tanks and Aircraft Carriers the dummy product weight of 9999kg may not be enough though

Bikster

Comment

Thinking about it - why not extend the offer to everyone? Offer a deal to existing customers and once expired offer it out to everyone else for a limited period ... better to encourage sales from new customers than rely on the existing and broaden your customer base (valuable email addresses once bought) further still.

Bikster

Comment

Working...
          X