Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom printing component with minimum order quantity

Hi,

I have a product which I sell plain or with custom printing. I sell individual plain items but have a minimum order quantity of 1000 when custom printing is required.

I thought it would be neat to do this using a component but can't see how to say to only allow the custom option when the quantity is >= 1000.

Has anyone got any ideas on how this can be achieved?

Thanks,

Lance
    Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

"High visibility clothing and accessories for children and adults"

Hi Lance,

Are the plain and custom items set up as individual products?

If so you could go to the "custom" product's Details tab and enter a Minimum Quantity of 1000.

If the plain/custom options are set up as permutations (like a drop down list) you would need to set up an associated hidden product for the "custom" choice and assign it in the components permutation tab. You can then set a minimum quantity for the hidden product.

*However* this feature is currently busted but will be fixed in 8.5.2 (if everything goes to plan).

So apologies for that.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Originally posted by Toby B
      Hi Lance,

Are the plain and custom items set up as individual products?

If so you could go to the "custom" product's Details tab and enter a Minimum Quantity of 1000.

If the plain/custom options are set up as permutations (like a drop down list) you would need to set up an associated hidden product for the "custom" choice and assign it in the components permutation tab. You can then set a minimum quantity for the hidden product.

*However* this feature is currently busted but will be fixed in 8.5.2 (if everything goes to plan).

So apologies for that.
      wouldn't the patch/fix that was issued here to make the main products take the minimum/maximum settings for the associated products fix this though?
      It'd be quicker (I'm sure!) than waiting for 8.5.2
      Last edited by TraceyHand; 14-Aug-2007, 09:56 AM. Reason: editted to add post referred to...I really should bookmark it LOL
      Tracey

Comment

Yes, I forgot we released a patch for that bug.

Cheers.
        Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Sorry for not getting back sooner but i've been on holiday.

I've just downloaded the patch & I'll give it a go.

Lance
          Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your help. It works perfectly now.

Lance
            Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I must have been lying as it doesn't seem to work now.

I've set up a product with a component to allow a custom printing option. I've set up three hidden custom print products to cater for the different types of print. I've given these associated products minimum quantity values of 10.

What I'm trying to do is allow the user to order any number of waistcoats but insist on a minimum order qty of 10 for printing. However it just seems to ignore the minimum on the associated product and allows you to order 1 waiscoat with custom printing.

Anyone doing anything similar? Anyone got any ideas why it might not be working now when it appeared to before? If it was working before I must have done something slightly differently but what!!!!

Any help kindly appreciated.
              Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Have you upgraded at all? There's a checkbox in 8.5.3 and later to tell actinic to use these associated product qtys. Not sure where (and not at a pc) possibly business setting or more likely site options, the 'stock' tab. If you've paTched or upgraded, this probably defaults to being switched off
                Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Yes you are right I have upgraded. As you thought, the switch is in Site Options|Stock.

Many thanks
                  Lance

www.brightkidz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X