Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Catalogues and Sections

Hi everyone,

I have a client who is having a problem with there new site at the moment. We recently built the following url : http://www.enjoymuzic.com and handed it over to the client.

After a few week of product inputting the client contacted me last week to say that he is having difficulty in uploading the site.

Can somebody tell me is there a limit to the amount of sections Actinic can hold?

One issue that I thought may have been to do with the navigation that we implimented on the site. The client requires 4 levels for the user to drill down to to reach the desired product. Obviuosly if the navigation is looking in the background for all the links to everypage then the individual page sizes could potentially be huge (about 450k).

Does anybody out there have , or know of an Actinic site with 1000's of products within its database and a large amount of sections and subsections because I'd love to hear from you to see a) if you have had the same issues in the past and b) how you have combatted them.

I look forward to anyones responses.

Regards.
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

Originally posted by leej
    Hi everyone,

I have a client who is having a problem with there new site at the moment. We recently built the following url : http://www.enjoymuzic.com and handed it over to the client.

After a few week of product inputting the client contacted me last week to say that he is having difficulty in uploading the site.

Can somebody tell me is there a limit to the amount of sections Actinic can hold?

One issue that I thought may have been to do with the navigation that we implimented on the site. The client requires 4 levels for the user to drill down to to reach the desired product. Obviuosly if the navigation is looking in the background for all the links to everypage then the individual page sizes could potentially be huge (about 450k).

Does anybody out there have , or know of an Actinic site with 1000's of products within its database and a large amount of sections and subsections because I'd love to hear from you to see a) if you have had the same issues in the past and b) how you have combatted them.

I look forward to anyones responses.

Regards.
    Hi

One site you can have a poke around is TTS (2nd link in my signature), this has loads of sections and a target population of 50k items.

Not encountered any issues as your though (yet )
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
    X