Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apply template to actinic ssl page?

Hello Everyone!

Is there a way to apply my template to the Actinic SSL page. I think it is very off putting that it doesn't look like it's even part of the website!

Also on the SSL bounce page, is there a way to have it directly forward instead of the user having to press next?

Thanks.

Cammy.

Not possible as far as i know, one of the frustrating parts of shared SSL, it can look ridiculously different to the rest of your site and can be quite off-putting.

Comment

Oh well! Thanks for your quick reply :-D

Comment

Not possible as far as i know
        No its not - I put it on the wish list ages ago.

Comment

Design of shared SSL page

Can anyone from actinic confirm whether this is going to be an option in future - to match the shared SSL page to your site design?

Even if there was a way of including my site logo on the top of the page it would be good. Is this possible?
          PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

The reason we haven't been able to do this yet is that we would need to load all your images onto our Shared SSL server (in fact, all three of our shared SSL servers) in order to be able to display them without all your customers getting a warning about 'this page contains secure and non-secure items etc. etc.' SO it's still on the wish list I'm afraid - sorry about that.

Comment

we would need to load all your images
              Technically you could allow site owners to do this - they could download a template from the server modify it to match thier store and upload again - others do it so it is possible.

Comment

Hows about adding a colour field in theme config for the SSL background color because if you want your site to have a dark background, you can't use this on the SSL page (it becomes unreadable, dark on dark etc.) and therefore have to do a most ridiculous blockif for all other pages to give them the colour, as you cannot get to or talk to the SSL page.

Code:
                <style type="text/css">
                body { background-color: #333333;}
                </style>
                Code:
                <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Section' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Brochure' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Checkout Page 0'
                OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Checkout Page 1' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Checkout Page 2' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Shopping Cart'
                OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Add To Cart Confirmation' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Search' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Contact Us' 
                OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Search Results' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Bounce Page' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'SSL Bounce Page' 
                OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'PSP Bounce Page' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Site Map' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Terms And Conditions' 
                OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Terms And Conditions Popup' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Login' OR <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> == 'Signature'
                So hows about giving us a field to specify the background colour for the SSL page, instead of forcing the above to be done?

Comment

I guess as a workaround if you hard-code the dark colour in the css file (rather than using the BGColor variable) you can then use the 'Design | Themes | Colour Schemes' Background Colour field just for the Shared SSL page. You'd probably also need to hard-code a white colour just in the receipt overall layout.

Anyway, a separate bg colour field for the Shared SSL and receipt page is a good idea, and I've passed this on to the dev team.

Comment

Working...
                  X