Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed in setting up product configurations

Hi,

I've been building a site for a client but I'm completely lost as to which way to approach building the product list.

The website will be selling radiators and Boilers online. The radiator section consists of 3 types of radiator (type11, type21, type22). For each type of radiator there can be many various combinations of height and width. Each combination with it's own ordercode, weight (for shipping) and price.

I've set the radiators as the section heading. Then set the type of radiator (type11, type21, type22) as the sub section heading. Within each of these sub sections I've listed the available heights as separate products. For each height (product) I've allocated a length component which contains the size attribute with a list of available size choices for that width.

This is where I am now lost. How do I assign individual order codes, prices and weight values to each of the available combinations? I have tried setting the base product price to £0.00 and adding the price for the selected width/height into the permutations field but can't figure out how to allocate an individual ordercode or weight to this.

Any help and advice on this would be most appreciated.

Andy

type the ordercode in the name of the dropdown.

the choice, that is.

it'll get passed into the order and therefore the invoice etc.

Comment

the downside of that method is if they have differing weights, you'll only have weight details for the main product.

the long way round is to make associated (hidden) products for every combination.
      Long, time consuming and a complete ballache but it's probably the only solution if you have different weights to allocate.

If you don't (and you're not controlling stock either) I'd go for Gabe's method of putting the stock code in the choice dropdown (we do this for a few products on Jesters)
      Tracey

Comment

Working...
      X