Duplicate products + attributes not showing correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate products + attributes not showing correctly

I seem to remember this being answered before, but I can't find the topic for the life of me, so I will ask again.

Having upgraded to version 8.5.1.0.0.0 HERA, I noticed a problem when ordering a duplicate product. If i selected "Large", and add to cart, it displays as "Medium" on the confirmation page. However, if i finalise that order, it comes through as large in the actinic order.

The orginial item attributes are listed as follows:
    1 - Extra Large
    2 - Small
    3 - Medium
    4 - Large

Whereas on the duplicate product, they show on the site as
    1 - Small
    2 - Medium
    3 - Large
    4 - Extra Large

So say I order the 2nd item (Medium), it displays as Small ... this is the second item on the original items attribute list.

Anyone had this problem before, solved it? anyone?
    ChrisL
    skype chrisjlyon

well, for a start I'd recommend upgrading the 8.5.1 HFUA (the latest version) because it dealt with a lot of duplicates issues...then see what you're left with
    Tracey

Comment

I'd suggest an upgrade to the latest version. 8.5.1 is/was fraught with duplicate difficulties. HFUA is what you want.

Comment

Yes sorry, i updated to the HFUA before posting, but it hasn't sorted it. I got on the phone to support and some daft girl answered - took me ten minutes to convince her that there actually was a problem... just waiting for her to call me back...

I have figured a way round it for now, which is to reorder the lists in the original product, click update duplicates, then go to the duplicates, and click reset twice, then apply... seems to work probably cos of some dark magic
        ChrisL
        skype chrisjlyon

Comment

I have to admit that, even now, if I change an product with duplicates I do find myself clicking "reset duplicates" on the master product with little effect at times (if it's something that is editable in the duplicate that I've changed)
          I usually have to click "reset" in the actual duplicate too (which is fine if you can locate them all!)
          Tracey

Comment

k, thanks guys for your help anyway... is there a way to close topics on this forum or do I just let it die?
            ChrisL
            skype chrisjlyon

Comment

Working...
            X