Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need 'Extended info' page to load within web site

Hi There,

I am extremely keen to understand how the 'Extended Info' page can be loaded within the normal site rather than as a rather pesky pop-up.

Using the default web site and products and looking at the 'Extended information' tab (for a product), I can see that it is possible to select the following options for 'Type of Extended Information Page'.

1. Use parent (Opens in pop up window) - Same as Actinic V6 & V7
    2. Opens in pop up window - Same as above
    3. Opens in same window - opens in same window but without expected site navigation and normal ActPrimary content

Having tried all these options (see my response after each option above), I am confused as to how I can make it do what I want.

I would like it to load in the same window but keep the Menu/navigation, site style and all the things that you would normally expect to stay put when viewing a product. I am surprised that any site owner/visitor would be happy with suddenly losing all the familiar cosiness of a site design and just seeing the rather stark extended info contents...

Can anyone please help?
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

check out the AUG for details on how to use the extended info with an add to cart button.
    This should help you achieve what you are trying to do as it explains how to add the main parts of your site to the page
    Last edited by TraceyHand; 14-Aug-2007, 09:41 PM. Reason: stupid computer made some typos :D
    Tracey

Comment

You need to read the AUG which describes how to do it.

Comment

The AUG only explains how to place an ad to cart button as far as I can seen, Im in the same situation and don't want my extended info to appear in a pop-up or just on a blank page. I want it to display just a single product within the page template?

Comment

if you actually read what the AUG says...it explains how to insert the rest of the store layout around the extended info.

Try "Creating a Listing Page which Links Through to Full Details Pages – Method 1" as it's listed in the current guide
          Tracey

Comment

lol sorry been a long week I think I skipped past that and went to the next section, I'll go back and have another look

Comment

no probs.
              just be warned....it will extend your upload time immensely if you're doing this as a store-wide change.
              My upload time has gone from approx 2-3 mins to nearly 15 at times (most of that spent checking the html files at the start)
              Just a word of warning in advance
              Tracey

Comment

Working...
              X