Credit Card Encryption Issue - Maintenance Release Planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card Encryption Issue - Maintenance Release Planned

At the request of the thread starter, the original thread dealing with the credit card problems has been removed.

Actinic will be issuing an updated 8.5.1 version this week which deals with the problems that some customers have experienced when using the desktop card encryption. More details will be posted here either later today or tomorrow - with details of the new version.

We are currently completing final testing of a maintenance release of Actinic 8.5.1 to deal with problems with decrypting credit card numbers that has been reported by some users on this community.

If you use a Payment Service Provider, and never handle credit card numbers, you don't need to install this patch immediately as it won't contain any relevant fixes. But you can install it if you want - it won't do any harm.

When the patch is made available to download, it should be installed as soon as possible by Business Multi-User or Business Multi-Site users who have 'Enable Logon and Card Encryption' feature enabled, and who also have one of the following:
    • Multiple sites where the default administrator password has been changed on at least one of their sites.
    • Command lines set up to start Actinic (e.g. for the automatic retrieval of orders)

We will also be contacting the relevent Actinic customers with this information once the patch is made available, as well as posting on the Community.

Comment

Command lines set up to start Actinic (e.g. for the automatic retrieval of orders)
      One Stop Automation from Mole End makes use of the command line login option, so all users of V8 One Stop Automation should download and install this patch.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Mastercard problem

Originally posted by cdicken
        At the request of the thread starter, the original thread dealing with the credit card problems has been removed.

Actinic will be issuing an updated 8.5.1 version this week which deals with the problems that some customers have experienced when using the desktop card encryption. More details will be posted here either later today or tomorrow - with details of the new version.
        Since the original thread has been removed, I can't tell if it has any connection to my problem, which is . . .

I can dowload orders with no problems and with all credit card details included.

When the customer, for whom I maintain a website, downloads orders, all the details for Visa are included. However, the CVV2 code for Mastercard is not shown.

We have tried all sorts of solutions, including Telephone Support, upgrading to the latest V8 patch and even Mastercard support.

The computers being used have identical formats, except for Proxy Settings which differ because her firewall is tighter than mine. However, I can't see why that would be the cause of the problem, as Visa CVV2 is allowed through.

If anyone has a suggestions, my therapist would be very grateful

Myra

Comment

Chris

On 15 August you said;
          Actinic will be issuing an updated 8.5.1 version this week......More details will be posted here either later today or tomorrow - with details of the new version.
          Have I missed something because the only download patch I can find is still HUFA?

And then is this what was expected to be 8.5.2 beta or is that something entirely different?

Comment

Sorry, I meant to update this thread before I went away on hols.

Testing the software found some other problems in related areas, so it all got delayed by a few days. It's all been coded now and is just finishing final testing - so you will be seeing it this week.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

The build has been completed and sent to all customers who contacted us about the problem. It will go on general release next week.

Comment

Chris

Is this just another incarnation of 8.5.1 and not 8.5.2 beta?

Comment

This is just another 8.5.1 incarnation which only contains this encryption fix.

Comment

Am I right in presuming there won't be any script changes in this release?
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

The scripts are identical to standard 8.5.1. What this, of course, means is that if you use Protx, the scripts will still contain the old URLs so you'll need to re-apply the changes that you've done already.

Comment

Working...
                      X