Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we offer discount scheme to each other ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we offer discount scheme to each other ?

Is anything in place or does anyone think its a good idea that seeing as most of us offer a product or service that we offer a discount scheme to other actinic users to encourage trade between ourselves.
    We could set discounts individually and i know most of us already probably have trade log ins set up for example so it would really just be an extension of that.
    My thought is that the discounts we could offer each other would be negated by the lack of advertising costs in generating such orders in the 1st place.
    So please let me know if anyone else feels the same.

This has been done in the past.... there is probably an old thread with discount codes in it

Comment

think this is what you were refering to
      http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=24690

Is there any database or mail shot to inform us of who has what and what they are offering ?

Comment

Ongoing discounts for forum members

Perhaps make this a sticky in the Ecommerce forum or Other Business forum?

Then have it as a permenent ongoing thread that members can refer to as a post goes on it?

I'd be quite happy to offer a code, the previous nameing method seemed sensible.
        Regards,

Paul
        www.papermilldirect.com
        For Inkjet Photo Paper and Fine Art Inkjet Papers direct from the papermill

Comment

Personally i would be happy to receive an internal mail from the other members showing what they had maybe in category form and what discount we got - sure many of us are buying those things already and the discount codes mentioned b4 seem to be the way to go.
          Maybe we could do it on an opt in basis.

Comment

an internal email will be great as i know only probably few stores out there that are actinic based.

Comment

that proves my point
              bought half a dozen games myself already this year

Comment

damn....

actinic i want compensation for the loss of profits

the community had several discussions in the past relating to this and similar issues.

i think at some point there was talk about an actinic only shopping gateway similar to kelkoo (i think)

also there was the thread as above about the discounts and finally there have been few threads about a list of all actinic sites.

we definately need either actinic or someone from in here to organise a list of actinic sites and a mailing list of offers etc...

Comment

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

I'll collate things for reference if you like, just depends on how many are involved to see whether worth it. No doubt many people could be helping many others. I think Bill or Duncan run and actinic directory too, maybe that needs more prominence.

Comment

even more interesting for you one of my friends is a supplier to lots of retailers across europe with software like morrisons

the point here that some people may have missed is for instance if there was another 10 companies like mine for instance that sold kitchen doors and used actinic just think of the possibilities if we approached the suppliers together

Comment

Bill has one at:
                        http://act-e-shops.egyptianwonders.co.uk/dir/index.html

Comment

Working...
                        X