Website Scrolling Issue after Upgrade to v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website Scrolling Issue after Upgrade to v8

We have recently upgraded from v7 to v8 of Actinic Business.

We are running 8.0.4.0.0.0.GMVA at the moment as this is the version we received on CD, as we do not have time to upgrade to 8.5.1 at present. We have implemented the site and have had it running and fully operational for a month or so now.

The new upgrade features are great. However, we have noticed that when scrolling through on any of the acatalog directory pages the scrolling is very slow and awkward. It jumps continuously down the page as you scroll. Obviously this is quite an inconvenience for our customers when shopping.

I thought this may be down to a page with large image files etc but this is not the case as it occurs on every catalogue page. I also considered whether it could be a server side issue, but the external pages (one's that are not within Actinic's control) scroll normally.

Obviously I am considering upgrading to version 8.5.1 but i cannot see that anyone has had the same problem trawling through the community forums or that the issue is in the release notes for the patches.

Trust me I have looked around all sorts of support and web forums and tried to find a solution myself. Posting a thread here was a last resort! I didn't want to waste anyone's time unecessarily! I apologise if I have missed the solution somewhere on the site.

Any advise suggestions would be appreciated.

Our website is: http://www.crafts-too.com please go into the Catalog area's to see the problem.

Many Thanks,
    Lee

Tried it - don't see the problem at all. Scrapbooking, DaVinci scrolled normally. Is there a specific page that demonstrates the unwanted effect?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Fotgot to mention a vital point! It only happens on certain computers. Which is odd. Im not sure if the site is generating an unusual workload for some older computer's CPU's or memory. How, I don't know!

If that is the case I can't really tell the customer that they have to upgrade their system. We have tested the site on numerous machines and the majority work fine. For example, we have two machines in the office at our location and one works fine, the other doesn't. We are running both computers on the same resolution and the specifications of the machines are not really different.

We would obviously rather to be accessable to one and all!

Comment

However, we have noticed that when scrolling through on any of the acatalog directory pages the scrolling is very slow and awkward. It jumps continuously down the page as you scroll.
        sounds more like a graphics card issue

Comment

If it's any help I have tried it in Firefox and IE 7 with no problems. We were having some similar layout problems with an older machine running IE 6 which was fine after upgrading to IE 7. These layout issues were not present in actinic V7 just V8.
          Simon
          Simon Bridges
          Alex Reade World of Motosport
          http://www.alexreade.net

Comment

Working...
          X