Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sections in Search Results

Hi!

I'd like to have some sections titles (below level 3) in the search results. Is this possible?

Thanks!

I take it that this a no-no then? I guess the only alternative I can think of is that in each section there is a fragment of the same title.

Comment

Hi,

The section name on the search results should appear in brackets next to the name of the product. For example on a default site if you search for "Great Expectations" the search results show:

1.Great Expectations(Books)£3.00

Does your site currently show this? If not please let me know your website address so I can take a look.
      Paul Murphy
      Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, if I search for "Great Expectations" I get the result "Great Expectations (Books).

BUT If I search for "Books", I don't get the category "Books" OR the Product "Great Expectations" in my search results.

Ideally I would like the category "Books" to appear in my search results.

Comment

If you go to the search settings you can choose which fields get indexed for search and which fields you wish to display. I am not in front of actinic so can not confirm if you can include categories to appear in search results but this may help.

If you cannot do it that way then you could look at creating a custom search variable which would enable you to assign "books" as the value for this variable to any products you wish to appear for searches on the term "books".

Hope that helps
          Jon
          www.designtoplease.co.uk
          www.getmeoutofahole.com
          www.toys4james.co.uk
          Located in Herts

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

If you go to Settings | Search Settings | Tick "Add all Parant section content to Product Text when Indexing".

With this option ticked, if you search for a section, for Example "Book" the 3 products in that section will appear.
            Paul Murphy
            Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X