Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confirmation of order emails

can you help please,
    when a customer places an order they are directed to paypal for the payment after which they are then sent back to my site.
    i then am sent a confirmation of order email as they are, often this does not happen and so myself and the customer are not sent a confirmation email the only way i know they have ordered is from the paypal confirmation email i get.
    can anyone let me know why this is happpening and how i can stop it happening again.
    when this happens i have to manually get the order from the software and reissue it.
    hope someone can help
    tracey.
    www.petsinparadise.co.uk

it's most likely happening because your customers are not either
    a) getting to the receipt page from paypal or
    b) clicking on the 'done' button (which is rather inconspicuous by design, I've changed and moved mine) to return to your website from the receipt page, therefore generating the email receipt.

Have you tested yourself that it sends an order confirmation if you follow through all the way back to your site?
    If it does, then there's not much else you can do. You can't sit there and instruct them to make every click when, from the customers point of view, they are done, ordered and paid.

If it's not working even if you DO get right back to the site (by testing yourself) then maybe you need to look at the Paypal fixes recently issued to see if it's fixable.
    Tracey

Comment

Would this be the button you can find in Design > Text > Misc > Done? If so I think I might be having the same problem and want to change the text on mine also.

Thanks
      Charles

Comment

yes that's the one.
        Mine says "Click here to generate email receipt" and I've noticed a MUCH higher number of my orders come through with an email confirmation now.
        Tracey

Comment

well, all I can say is that I have had nearly 100% of my copy customer emails since changing the text.
          coincidence or not...that's good enough for me!
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X