hierarchical export breaks fragments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hierarchical export breaks fragments

I've done a hierarchical export which appears to have broken my fragments in product sections.

Upon import these now seem to have the extended info tab and the product price description
    retail price description
    your price description

that should only appear on products not fragments does anyone know how to edit the hierarchical file export in excel so that it imports correctly.

I seem to remember that leehack and pinbrook had similar issues - does anyone know how they solved them - had a search but don't seem to be able to find the post.

Thanks
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

It's still an ongoing issue Wayne, not been solved or even admitted to as far as i know. If a site has a lot of fragments, i do not use hierarchicals at all, once bitten twice shy.

Comment

damn - oh well lots of copying and pasting for me then!!
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Flat file imports perhaps?

Comment

Sorry to sound like a dunce - but how do you produce flat-file-exports to import?

I've seen the radio button in import - but not in the export dialog, so I've never really worked out how to use it. Probably I'm being really stupid.
          Wayne Theisinger

Comment

This is a long running issue. One of the posts it appears on is http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=26089

I have been talking to support about it and they have acknowledged it as a bug.

They have also given me some instructions on how to fix the database but, having just got back off holiday, it is not top of my priority list to test. I'll let you know how I get on (unless someone else wants to check it out sooner rather than later in which case PM me for the details).

Hopefully, this will appear as a fix in a future release!!

Andy
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

I'll happily test - I'll PM for details.
              Wayne Theisinger

Comment

hurrah - it worked - this issue now has a fix.

(dances around the room naked waving arms in celebration, whooping with joy)

The below from Toby via Andrew:

Looks like we have found a bug with the software as we can replicate the problem with a default store. The work around is to run an SQL query in Access:

- Take a snapshot for backup purposes

- Shut down Actinic

- Open ActinicCatalog.mdb in the site folder

- Click on the "Queries" button

- Double click "Create Query in Design View"

- Go to View | SQL View

- Copy and paste the following SQL:

Code:
                UPDATE Product INNER JOIN UserDefinedProperties ON Product.[Product Reference] = UserDefinedProperties.sContentID SET UserDefinedProperties.sStatus = "D" WHERE (((UserDefinedProperties.nContentLevel)=2) AND ((Product.nProductType)=2));

- Close the window and save the query

- Run the query by double clicking on it

- Save the query modifications and exit Access.

Open Actinic and now your fragments should be back to normal.
                Wayne Theisinger

Comment

Cooooooooooooooooooool, at last.
                  Nice one Wayne, thanks for letting us know, that will be a god send!

Comment

Thanks for testing this Wayne - I'd got it scheduled for this weekend so I can go out and enjoy the sun now .

Duncan R. was also testing it as well but looks like you beat him to it.

All we need now is for Actinic to include this in the next release....
                    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Working...
                    X