problem with previously hidden sections/stock reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with previously hidden sections/stock reports

Bear with me, I need to make this sound uncomplicated!

Some of my product sections are split further into subsections depending on how many items they contain.

eg, for each size I have a section called "Skirts" and sometimes, depending on stock, I have subsections of this called "Long Skirts" and "Short Skirts"

these 2 subsections have been hidden for quite some time (definitely pre-V8) and all my skirts have been listed in the main skirt section.

Last night, I added a quantity of stock and decided to split them down again so I moved all the skirts OUT of the main skirts section and into either "long" or "short" accordingly.

All worked fine, no problems, uploaded to website etc

This morning, I printed off a "stock warning given" report so I can delete my "out of stock" items from the website.

For some reason, all out of stock items from these now UNhidden sections show the following text below them

"This product will not appear on the web site because it's parent section is a child of a hidden section"
    and, quite honestly, this is balony!

a) it's quite visible on the website and
    b) it's in no way related to any hidden sections above, below, up, down or sideways!

This 'warning' is given for ALL the out of stock skirts in the 2 previously hidden sections so there must be a bug somewhere that is seeing something as still hidden, even though it isn't

(I should add, btw, that I am quite used to seeing a similar message for stock that IS hidden on the website or contained in 'real' hidden sections)

Suppose my Q is has anyone else come across this? and can it be confirmed as a bug?
    Tracey

Sounds like a bug to me, does the close actinic and then restart actinic achieve anything?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Sounds like a bug to me, does the close actinic and then restart actinic achieve anything?
      no..because I did the section reshuffling last night and it's been closed down and reopened since then. I only printed the report this morning.

I'm 95% sure I did a compact database last night too (I usually do before I snapshot which I definitely did!) but I will do a database compact just in case I forgot last night, to see if it 'cures' it. that 5% always bugs me (but it'll have to wait, currently doing the post-stock-deletion upload!)

Will report back, of course
      Tracey

Comment

ok..compacted (which I probably did yesterday anyway) with no effect

It's still giving this garbled incorrect hidden message.
        Ok, it's not a showstopper but it seems to be a bug of some description.
        Tracey

Comment

Certainly sounds like it, i'd try a few disable and then enable options to see if makes any difference, maybe even a section move and then a move back. Must have something lingering somewhere. I reckon you'll be in the database soon though bumpsy!

Comment

hmmm..actually, I assume the database has a marker for whether a section is hidden or not?

Mind you, this message is trying to tell me that a section several sections UP the tree is hidden which it obviously wasn't before...and isn't on the website.

I'll fiddle with the check boxes for now!
            Tracey

Comment

Working...
            X