Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh! Overwriting orders on export, and Sage Link

Hi,

I'm trying to make the Actinic to Sage export process as automated as possible. Firstly I have Actinic set up to run Actinic Link to Sage on export. I then have a scheduled task set up, to run actinic.exe /d /x /u every 2 hours. (i.e. download orders, export orders, upload)

However, this encounters two problems.

Firstly, if Actinic Link successfully exports an order, it doesn't close automatically. So the next time Actinic tries to run it, it tells me you can't have 2 instances of Link running and fails.

Secondly, and much more seriously, Actinic's export seems to overwrite the .csv files already in the destination folder. This means that if for any reason Link fails to run (e.g. first problem, or server issues) then the csv files are not imported into Sage, and instead they are overwritten next time Actinic exports. The bottom line is that I lose these orders.

Is there anything I can do? If not I would like to request for the wish list that Actinic's export be set up to append to the csv files, and not just overwrite them.

Thanks

jmc200

Have you tried using the "one stop automation" program?
    www.satellite.ie

Comment

We've decided to make the export process manual instead for now, leaving the download/upload automated, and setting up the email notification on arrival of new orders.

There is no way I can justify an additional £200 program to my boss having just shelled out on Actinic. Especially one that, as far as I can make out, doesn't do that much more than my scheduled task already does! Thanks for the suggestion anyway though.

jmc200

Comment

No problem but bear in mind it can also upload when a new order comes in which is handy for stock purposes, I find it really useful and it comes as a free trial.
        www.satellite.ie

Comment

Actually you can purchase the stock control module separately for £60, not trying to give you a sales pitch here, but wanted to put the record straight for future readers.

Especially one that, as far as I can make out, doesn't do that much more than my scheduled task already does!
          If you think that this program is nothing more than a scheduler then you haven't looked at it properly. It is actually a very sophisticated program. We have lots of people using it for automated export from Actinic to Sage.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

There is no way I can justify an additional £200 program
            To be honest £200 is a drop in the ocean when you consider the amount of time it saves.

£60 would pay for itself in a day....

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
              To be honest £200 is a drop in the ocean when you consider the amount of time it saves.

£60 would pay for itself in a day....
              I agree saves lots of time and keeps stock levels right when you are away from your computer
              www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
              X