section heading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section heading

For the new user, is there a thread or section in help that I haven,t found that shows how to add section headings of titles.
    Using Exectutive theme.
    Thx
    Dave
    www.baypressservices.com

Not exactly sure what you're on about but maybe this is what you are looking for:

To set the "Section Name":
    Make sure you are on the content tab. Click on the section page in the tree. Have a look at the general tab just below the preview pane and enter the name you require in the "Name" field.

To set the "Title":
    Have a look at the page settings tab under the preview pane and enter the page title you require in the "Page Title" field.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

What I am trying to achieve is a line in the section tree that is not a link, but only a heading or title for the 5 or 6 section links below until the next heading.
      I've seen it in many other actinic websites, and have tried to figure out the layout options, but haven't got there yet.
      Thanks
      www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daveb
        I've seen it in many other actinic websites,
        Thanks
        if you can point us to one, we might better understand what you mean
        Tracey

Comment

Dave

To do what you want, you are going to need to delve into both actinic and html quite deeply, without that you will not achieve what you want. If you change the theme on your site to 'smart', you will see a section list come in which is subheaded, but you are then going to have to tweak it to suit (not easy).

Alternatively, you could use an array of blockifs and html/css to get what you want, but once again you need to know what you are doing. I would strongly suggest getting to grips with actinic before starting to play, there is a lot to learn, for the time being just use the top level section list IMO.

Comment

Dave - you can create a dummy section, assign a user variable and test this with a BLOCK IF wrapping some CSS to create the dummy header for the styling.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Or Norman's collapso allows you to supress these links so you can only link to subsections

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                Dave - you can create a dummy section, assign a user variable and test this with a BLOCK IF wrapping some CSS to create the dummy header for the styling.
                You'd also want to remove the link on the heading as this could look stupid and be confusing for users.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  You'd also want to remove the link on the heading
                  .. this is done as part of the CSS you are including between the BLOCK IF

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank You all, I'll be reading my copy of "HTML for Dummies" this long Labor Day weekend (on our side of the pond.)
                    Dave
                    www.baypressservices.com

Comment

Working...
                    X