Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot send email. Can anyone help me with configurations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot send email. Can anyone help me with configurations?

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out.

I'm using our own Windows server to host the Actinic application. It also has MailEnable for our smtp needs. I don't know what else to do so that it can send emails when there are orders.

- I've tried to use the server name, localhost, and 127.0.01.

- I've also tried to mark and unmark the smtp authentication checkbox. When it's marked, I enter the username/password for authentication.

With these configurations, it still can't send an email. Did I miss anything?

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

You need to make sure you have the correct email address in the 'Settings| Business Settings| Company/Contact' Tab

As you mentioned you may try using 'localhost' with and without a username and password, this will depend on the mail server setup.

Your mail server will also need to allow relaying for actinic to work correctly. You may find the following URL (Hosting Documents) http://www.actinic.co.uk/hosting/ useful if this is something you have set up yourself.
    Regards
    Natalie Omany
    sigpic
    Actinic Online Technical Support
    www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nathalie,

Thank you for your reply.

We also received a reply from the Actinic Support and this what they said. I'm posting it here in case somebody gets the same problem.

-----
      Unfortunately not, the only time we have ever seen this issue (501 syntax
      error) prior to this, is with MailEnable on a Windows server.
      Eventually the customer concerned, changed hosting companies and used the
      SMTP server they supplied.

There is nothing special in how Actinic sends mail, it simply presents a
      text message to port 25 and expects the SMTP server specified within 'Web |
      Network Setup'. The only adjustment to this, is if the server uses the other
      SMTP port, it can be re-specified.

I will ask the development staff if they have anything to add, but I suspect
      that there is little that can be done.
      -----

Comment

Hi Nathalie,

Thank you for your reply.

We also received a reply from the Actinic Support and this what they said. I'm posting it here in case somebody gets the same problem.

-----
        Unfortunately not, the only time we have ever seen this issue (501 syntax
        error) prior to this, is with MailEnable on a Windows server.
        Eventually the customer concerned, changed hosting companies and used the
        SMTP server they supplied.

There is nothing special in how Actinic sends mail, it simply presents a
        text message to port 25 and expects the SMTP server specified within 'Web |
        Network Setup'. The only adjustment to this, is if the server uses the other
        SMTP port, it can be re-specified.

I will ask the development staff if they have anything to add, but I suspect
        that there is little that can be done.
        -----

Comment

Working...
        X