Prices by Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices by Size?

I'm trying to create a shop for selling bed frames and mattresses, I added a Size Attribute (not sure whethere I need a Size compnent as well?) and wondering if I can update prices based on the size chosen. I know you can do it in the form (+ £20.00) but can I change the main price or just display the full price by the size attribute?

Also can stock be setup for different size attribute?

Further, is it possible to search by a common attribute? To create for example a 6'0 beds page.

Thanks for your time,
    Scott.
    Undergraduate in Product Design - Loughborough University

Originally posted by slawrence10
    I'm trying to create a shop for selling bed frames and mattresses, I added a Size Attribute (not sure whethere I need a Size compnent as well?) and wondering if I can update prices based on the size chosen. I know you can do it in the form (+ £20.00) but can I change the main price or just display the full price by the size attribute?
    Components are for extras so no. Price the product at £0.00 and provide full price on choices is possible. I prefer main product at cheapest price and then additional costs in brackets.

Also can stock be setup for different size attribute?
    Search the forum on 'hidden products'.

Further, is it possible to search by a common attribute? To create for example a 6'0 beds page.
    Look in the AUG.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Components are for extras so no. Price the product at £0.00 and provide full price on choices is possible. I prefer main product at cheapest price and then additional costs in brackets.
      Thank you,

How do I price products by size attribute if I do not put it within a component then?

Regards,
      Scott

Comment

Have a look on the permutations tab and read the inbuild help on them (fill is your friend). You could also take a look into the example store to see how it is done, as that illustrates all that you will want to do, hence its inclusion on a brand new store.

Comment

Far be it from me to correct someone who is the actinic forum God that is Mr LeeHack with over 4000 posts to his name

But I don't think you get a permutations tab unless you put the attribute within a component.
          Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

if you need permutations for different prices then you WILL need to add a component (and then attributes etc)
            Lee's initial reponse is kinda confusing there as it was based on the initial question and not further information given.
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Orchid
              Far be it from me to correct someone who is the actinic forum God that is Mr LeeHack with over 4000 posts to his name

But I don't think you get a permutations tab unless you put the attribute within a component.
              LOL Wayne...SNAP!...(except you didn't sound convinced!)
              Tracey

Comment

That does sound confusing i agree. In my mind you are not using a component, you are using it just so choices can be filled out, kind of like a pseudo component.

Apologies for any confusion.

Comment

Ok thank you I have used a component and attribute, changing the design from (+£200.00) to £200.00 by editing the template. Thank you for your time...I will have a go at my other two questions after I've added a few products and get back to you if I have any problems.

Thanks again for your time,
                  Scott.

Comment

Working...
                  X