Position of Also bought list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position of Also bought list

I am about to add the also bought list to my products, but with my current section page layouts it does look very confusing / crowded etc, having this list so many times on one page.

Is it advisable to have only one product per section to overcome this or will the amount of sections become too many for the software to handle? Or should I stay with the current layout and put the also bought list in the Extended info pop-up?

Im finding this a bit confusing and wondered if there was any guidance someone could offer, I will soon have several thousand products on the site and need to know which route to go down.

Thanks

Paul
    Flooring Sales Ltd
    Flooring Sales Ltd - Wood and Laminate Flooring Company
    Hadlow Flooring
    Herga Flooring

Also boughts are added to each product by actinic if you have the business edition. 4 products on one page could have an also bought list each. I'm a little confused what you mean when you refer to section layouts, also boughts are in product layouts.

If you don't like the way they show on product layouts, select the design tab and move them around. Snapshot before you try anything though. It sounds like you just need to edit the product layout so it looks better on the eye.

Comment

I went down the one product per page route ages ago simply to utilise also boughts, related items etc.

Having one product per page allows you to have images with the upsell.

otherwise if you list multiple products per page you are better of with simple links to related etc.

Its very much dependant on what you are selling as to which method is best

Comment

Thanks for the reply Lee and Jo

Ive managed to edit the product layouts to improve the look of the Also Bought lists within these, but the resulting page looks too crowded with an Also Bought list after each product.

I would ideally like the ABLs to be visible only once someone has clicked onto the product?

My main competitor has a page of products which you can then click on for more details. I was trying to replicate this type of look if poss (i know his isnt Actinic based). For example, if you click on a product on their page here >>
        http://www.flooringsupplies.co.uk/mo....cfm?manufid=1
        It takes you to more info on each item,

This is something like what Im trying to achieve!

Paul
        Flooring Sales Ltd
        Hadlow Flooring
        Herga Flooring

Comment

You could use them on the extended info pages, but they are then limited to only the the people who click through, which may be ok, i just don't like the approach personally.

I don't think SPPP is a viable option for you as you have little text on the products i saw, so i think that amending the layout is your only option. Can you show us a page that you think looks pants, we may be able to give you some ideas, probably just needs a bit of imagination/experience and it will look ok. Displaying down the right hand side of the product is something that springs to mind, however i'd need a url to see what is possible.

Comment

That looks like a single product per page setup with the main section page displaying all the products in two columns.

Try setting something like this up on a test site:

Main Section = Kahrs
            Subsection = Ash Gothenburg
            Product = Ash Gothenburg
            Subsection = Ash Gotland
            Product = Ash Gotland

Then play with Actinic's standard layouts on the main section page to get the same look.

You could use the solution in the AUG to display an addtocart button, quantity box and short description on the main section page.
            "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Lee

The page set up Im trying to improve is typified here>>

http://www.flooringsales.co.uk/acatalog/Oak.html

It just doesnt look as professional as it could do. I feel I need to have more products visible on screen at once. Im thinking of putting less info on the page to allow more products - with additional info and ABLs on the extended info pop-up?

Jonathan

I will have a look at this approach too, but I think it may become a major task! Still, Im happy to change the whole site if need be to get the right result.

Im at work at present and will look at both of your suggestions tonight. Many thanks again.

Paul
              Flooring Sales Ltd
              Hadlow Flooring
              Herga Flooring

Comment

I agree with your sentiments on the layout, you are using a very large area to display relatively little information. You should be able to shrink that by at least 50% and add all you need in also. I would use extended info button for a larger image if wanted, that is all. Take 30 mins to have a mooch around some actinic stores (showcase thread for starters) to get some ideas on what's possible.

The possibilities are endless, they really are, try and find something you like to base the layout on OR forget actinic for the time being and use a pen and paper - at least that's what i do if struggling to get some ideas. If you copy an original layout and then play around with that, you can't impact the store at all and can just delete it if you don't want it.

Comment

site in development http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/...-_9000000.html this page shows short product listings which when the More.. is clicked on goes through to a single product page where also bought, related items etc can be placed.

Comment

Heres another one that uses a more compact layout http://www.ukcheaptoners.co.uk/acata...artridges.html

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                      Heres another one that uses a more compact layout http://www.ukcheaptoners.co.uk/acata...artridges.html
                      Is this site still in development?

All the products on that page have a price (excluding message) except for the last two.

Could be rather confusing to customers.
                      "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

All the products on that page have a price (excluding message) except for the last two
                        get them bought - cheap as chips

Comment

Working...
                        X