Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import site

Hi
    How can you Import your site from your http site to your PC?

(We have had problem’s with our PC , so Our site is lost on the Hard Drive, Yes and Unfortunately No External Backup from the Directory )

You can't, you are stuffed unless you have a snapshot. Copy-pasting your only option. Always backup your data or face serious problems like you will now.

Comment

that's gonna take time - in the meantime can JEFFgse get to his orders?

starting with a clean site he isn't going to have products and therefore are the orders going to download ok?
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

starting with a clean site he isn't going to have products and therefore are the orders going to download ok?
        Yes they will

Comment

cool - by the way - another avenue you might want to consider is data recovery - a client of mine lost his laptop to a wine glass accident a couple of years ago, he paid a company a grand to retrieve the data for him - these people have serious technology for retrieving data from really fried drives.

So you need to work out if £1000 is going to be less than you will spend paying a designer to redo your site - and how much you'll lose by not being able to put up new products.

I believe the industry leaders are called ontrack but a search on Google for data recovery should pull up the big boys.

On the other hand you might decide that it's time your site had a freshen up anyway...
          Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Just copy a page from your server and apply it as an external design. Then add your products buy copy and paste from the live site

Comment

thank you all. The web site is Live . I will copy..thank you.

Comment

Dont forget to do snapshots and save them off your PC

Comment

Working...
                X