Link between delivery mode and product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link between delivery mode and product

For 90 % of the product, client can choose between 2 transport mode : by post in a normal way or quicker with chronopost. But for some product (billard table), the only way to deliver the product is a carrier. So I have to propose these 3 types of transport. And it sometimes give problem, as a client can choose choose chronopost to get a billard table ! Another problem : I add an extra shipping cost for some product (the billard table sent by carrier) : when a client choose this product, Actinic always propose chronopost by default in the confirmation zone.
    So my question is : is it possible to create an automatic link between a product and a type of transport, so when the product is choosen, client can choose only this type of transport ? Thanks.
    Didier
    www.supreme.fr

The only way to do this is use 'weight' based shipping.

Create weight bands (high and low weight limits) for the low cost items and set the weight of all products where you want this mode only to a false weight that will ensure all order total weights will be within these weight bands. Set excess to 'do not allow excess'.

Example - set a weight band of 0 to 1.5 kg - mark products with a weight of 0.01kg - this would allow up to 1499 of the small items to be sent by post. (You may need to break that down into smaller bands to allow you to actually cover costs).

For the next shipping method set weight bands for the items you only want to offer chronopost for. Set excess to 'do not allow excess'.

Example - set weigh bands from 5kg to 15kg. Items where you only want chronopost offered need a weight over 5kg (if client will order moe than three together, then upper weight band will need to be higher).

Finally set up false heavy weight bands for the carrier shipping. Make sure no combination of likely smaller item purchases will ever reach the starting weight for carrier shipment.

Example - set bands for 600kg to 6000kg. Make product weight greater than 600kg on each 'carrier only' product.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill.
      As it is too long to enter weight for all product, and it is more confortable to use value to calculate transport cost, I found another solution. All Billard tables cost are more than 1000 euros. So for the 2 first way of transport I set excess to 'do not allow excess'. Then I set carrier shipping to 120 euros for value between 1 and 1000 euros (so it cannot be choosen for others products, as it would be too expensive) and free after 1000 euros. I add an shipping supplement of 150 euros for Billard tables. So Actinic choose automatically the carrier shipping for the billard table and add only the shipping supplement.
      Just to check if everything is OK
      But perhaps something to add to wishlist, it would be more confortable to be able to link a product with a transport mode.
      Didier
      www.supreme.fr

Comment

Is it possible to set shipping bands (ie min and max weights), I can only see shipping categories based on max weight?
        Jonathan

Comment

Can you take a bit more time to explain, remember only you know what you are trying to achieve at this stage, we have absolutely no idea. Give an example of a product and what you want to achieve with it.

Probably best to start a new thread also and do it in the shipping forum instead, you never know it might help others then.

Comment

Working...
          X