Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country Drop Down

Anyone seen this happen before?

We have had a customer manage to overtype the country in the checkout selection.

So when the option is "UK" they have managed to type "england" which of course is not set up in the VAT zone.

I have looked everywhere and can't see how they have managed it. I can only presume the drop down input was broken at their end.

I have a feeling someone else reported this recently too, Alistair.
    In fact, I have a sneaky feeling that I've seen report of it twice in recent months but I really can't recall who or when.

There's obviously a flaw somewhere that people are finding though

editted to add...I found the thread I remembered seeing most recently. It's a V7 thread but, no doubt, the features and causes are similar.
    previous thread
    Tracey

Comment

OK Tracey I can see that and yes I can change it in the invoice but not delivery if I select a different address.

This one however has got the same address for invoice and delivery and it is changed in both.

Comment

OK we have managed to contact the customer.

The drop down would not work for them - they could not select UK - so they "double clicked" on the field and were able type "england" in.

So it sounds to me like it is a browser problem to rendering the form correctly?

Comment

This has happened again, second time in 3 days.

Something is allowing their browser to to change the input type.

We can't replicate it in IE7 or FF.

Comment

It has happened again but we nor support can replicate it. However I have found a coding error just above the problem area that could be related.

In the Layout "Related Products in Shopping Cart" the second <table> tag is not closed.

This occurs in a fresh site1 so it is an inherent coding error.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about this Alistair - I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X