short / full description in cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short / full description in cart

Does anyone know if its possible to display the full description in the cart pages instead of short desc?

Currently the variable ProductNameOnline pulls in the short desc but ideally I want to drop full desc in instead?
    seo company: web development - online marketing - actinic ecommerce

The full description isn't available in the Cart. You could put the same text into the Report Description field (which needs enabling via Settings / Business Settings / Options / Product Description in Reports) and then patching ActinicOrder.pm as below:
    Edit ActinicOrder.pm

Look for
    Code:
    		@Response = ACTINIC::ProcessEscapableText($$pProduct{'NAME'});
    Replace with
    Code:
    		@Response = ACTINIC::ProcessEscapableText($$pProduct{'REPORT_DESC'} ne '' ? $$pProduct{'REPORT_DESC'} : $$pProduct{'NAME'}); # if Report Description available then use it instead of Product Name
    This displays the Report Description text or the Product Name if the Report Description is empty.

This doesn't deal with the Customer email. That would require similar work to OrderScript.pl.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many thanks Norman - I'll give that a go. bit of a strange shop and product layout, very compact tabular pages but this may well work...

Comment

I've amended post #2 above to make it more concise.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

That works a treat Norman - Ive re-imported my tets products in a hierarchical file with report desc in a new col. This may fix another task I have to get data into the email for another project, will try hacking the orderscript.pl

Comment

Working...
          X