Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use system variables in emails

Hi

Is it possible to include system variables such as <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/> within the customer email?

so that for example the text could say something like...

"Thank you for purchasing Example Product"

I am no expert but I think this will be possible by editing the perl scripts.

Please don't double post. The reason you don't have an answer yet is because nobody who knows the answer has read your post yet.

Someone with script knowledge will probably be along shortly to help.

Double posting might actually result in the person that knows the answer getting annoyed and deciding not to answer.
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

I think some variables can be used in customer emails, yes (well..obviously as they are in the standard actinic ones) but the concern would be more whether you could get a format that would look ok.

Take a look at the emails already created by Actinic and have a play with them. See if it works for you. If you'd done this in the first place, you'd probably have your answer by now anyway.
      Tracey

Comment

thanks guys

yes i have tried editing the emails but anything other than basic variables like 'companyname' etc don't work.

For example <Actinic:Variable Name="ProductNameOnline"/> produces NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME in the email whereas <actinic:variable name="CompanyName"/> obviously works.

Does anybody know the name of the perl script used in creating the customer email?

Comment

I had the same problem when I was trying to include "order total" into the emails and it didn't work.

Can't help with a solution though, sorry. Maybe someone else can
          Tracey

Comment

I thought Netquote variants were'nt used anymore, accept in the checkout, so your custom variables might not work.

I could completely be of field here but its the way i understood it
            D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              I thought Netquote variants were'nt used anymore, accept in the checkout, so your custom variables might not work.

I could completely be of field here but its the way i understood it
              D
              the Netquotevar bit that was posted is what Actinic produces when you insert certain variables into an email.

There's a post a little while back where I (and somebody else) was trying to get the order total into a custom email.
              It wasn't a custom variable (as the one in this post wasn't) but all it resulted in, in the email, was a Netquotevar: blah blah piece of text and not the actual order total.
              Tracey

Comment

Sorry T

Did not make myself clear, i ment you cant use custom netquote variants in the emails, some where i think this needs to be written into the script, as actinic does not know how to handle them when it generates the email

D

Comment

but these aren't custom ones. These are standard Actinic ones (or is it ME now being a nonce and not understanding? say yes if you dare )
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                    or is it ME now being a nonce and not understanding? say yes if you dare
                    I would'nt dare as it is probably me

Comment

I would'nt dare
                      chicken
                      Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                        chicken
                        No chicken, just know what side my bread is buttered

Comment

No chicken, just know what side my bread is buttered
                          same side as the chicken unless you like your sandwiches inside-out?

ok..enough banter on the thread now...don't you have something you should be doing? (hint hint LOL)
                          Tracey

Comment

Bugger - sorry T got caught up in real work

D

Comment

Working...
                            X