Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v8 Actinic Links, what are they where to find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8 Actinic Links, what are they where to find them?

Ok so right now I am working on a site and was about to start the template and after browsing a few actinic sites to try and increase my knowledge and the lengths of customisation that can be achieved I noticed many did not use preset buttons and variables.

What I am looking for is the ability to put direct links in my design so I can put them where I wish, for example: (I have searched the forums etc but could only find the links for v7 not 8)

- Link to the home page
    - Link to View Cart
    - Link to View Checkout

(I think I have this: <a href="<actinic:variable name="OrderLinkText"/>">Checkout</a>)

- Link to Terms
    - Link to Contact us
    - Link to Site map etc etc

(these not being the button versions or the preset menu variables)

so quite simply all of the links to possible places in Actinic, is there a list somewhere I have not been able to find?

Also I disable the breadcrumbs in the innerlayout by turning them off in options then add this code:

<actinic:variable name="ParentSectionListTop" />

somewhere in my custom design will that display only one in the place that I want instead of having to be locked into the inner layout?

I will also have a search for this, but is it possible to disable the login button so user accounts are not allowed?

Thanks,

Andrew

Best way to find how the links are formed and what variables are used is to open up a default store and look in the design tab. You can then copy them all into a text file and use it as a reference point for future builds.

You can of course have a master template with them all in once you have found it all out, a standard template provides all you need to know.

Comment

Ah right, i see did not think the link variables were accessible from within the table found them now thanks , any thoughts on the other issues?

Comment

Well the ParentSectionListTop would sit within the inner layout on all designs i could think of, so not sure to be honest, you could try it and see what happens, i would just be guessing, but i would say it will work. I personally would create my own layout for this area and just add it to the options in the drop down box - keep things as they are as much as possible.

As for the login button, i would expect a setting somewhere within business settings (EDIT - on the ordering tab) to show or not show this, you could check by having a look at the blockif around it (if there is one). If you are never going to need it, just delete it from the template you are on, or better still just comment it out, cos you never know when you might need something in the future.

Comment

Help | Variable Reference guide might come in handy if you come across a variable you are unsure of.
          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I am still putting the design together so will let you know if the parent list worked, as for the login, the option did work

Yep that variable list will help for future reference, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X