Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to extendedinfo pages

HI There,

I have just upgrading to V8 and now my extended info pages open in the same window with the menu interface around it so it looks like the rest of the site.

The question I have is how can I get my fragments to link directly to the extended info pages rather than the product listing pages?

Many thanks in advance

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Sorry I should of made my self more clear, I intended to change the pop up window to load the content within the website frame - I have wanted to do this for ages.

My question is how can I make the fragments link to the extended info page (now not a pop up) rather than the product listing?

I'm rather worried that visitors will only be linked to the anchored product listing page which is not very user friendly. Before anyone suggests it having one product per category is not an option as i'm working from an import file and I do not wish to change this.

Thanks

Angi
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Manually put in the URLs then i guess.

Comment

The ext info page will have a URL of it's own so just hard link to it.
        Blank DVD
        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Problem is there are several 100 of these fragments.

Is there anyway I can hack Actinics code to get around this?
          skatewarehouse.co.uk
          progrow.co.uk
          cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

You have to associate to the product, to know which extended info page to get, i don't see how you can do that easily at all. You need an export with the links in place to the main product and then you need to replace the link via the cgi-bin with a url to the extended page.

Checkout the extended info page URL and cross reference that to the product reference, you may be able to run a pretty easy formula in excel to change the link to the product, to link via the extended page name. If your extended page names are not standard, i would accept that i am going to have to manually trawl through and get on with it.

Comment

hmm

Looks rather daunting...

Maybe we just don't do it! However it would be really nice to have this feature, now that we can stop those pesky pops-ups and start having normal product pages. Also I guess it would be nice to have the search results work like this too.

Can I add these 2 things to the wishlist please?

Angi
              skatewarehouse.co.uk
              progrow.co.uk
              cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Checkout the page names, you might be surprised and find its much easier than you think. I agree though the ability to link to the extended info page of a product would be a nice addition to the functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                  Checkout the page names, you might be surprised and find its much easier than you think. I agree though the ability to link to the extended info page of a product would be a nice addition to the functionality.
                  We set the extended info page names in the hierarchical import file so this is possible (even if we have to change it and re-import).
                  skatewarehouse.co.uk
                  progrow.co.uk
                  cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Most probably very helpful!
                    Get that value into a variable for starters and then have a play around with a layout and get the layout to use the content of the variable as the page name to append onto a URL. You might then find that you can link to the product as normal on the link tab, but actually get the link to go to the extended info page.

Have 2 almost identical layouts, one for link to product page and one for link to extended info page, define the layout on the import where appropriate.

I haven't really thought too much on this or tested it, but its gotta be worth 10 mins testing i would think, just to see.

Comment

Working...
                    X