Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Info [LINK] for fragments

Hello,

I am sure somebody has a fix for this but I can't find it through numerous searches, please point me in the right direction.

I have imported my fragments via a flat file import, and inserted in the text field [LINK] to provide the link to the extended information window. All the other relevant fields are correctly populated yet I cannot get the link text to work.

The only way I can get it to work is by unselecting the Link tick box and then reselecting it. I don't really want to repeat this for all 7,000 fragments, any ideas?

In v7 I replaced the [LINK] text with the relevant variable name via a query in Access but this doesn't appear to work with v8.

Many thanks.

I had exactly the same Robert, 208 instances to be exact, it was confirmed as a bug, but i believe there was a workaround provided at a later date. I just tried to find my previous problem but can't find it. I just did it manually in the end, it ends up quicker than waiting for actinic, especially if you are pushed for time.

Comment

See here is that the one you tried?
      Peblaco

Comment

Hello Louise and Lee,

Thanks for your quick response.

After many hours swearing at this I was coming to the conclusion I may have to do the job manually but I think I have found a solution.

Instead of importing [LINK] import the description with some text you are unlikely to find in your descriptions (e.g. &&&&& but don't use wildcards or quotation marks) where you want the link to be.

Then close Actinic and open Access. Find the sFragmentText field in the Products table, then have Access replace &&&&& (or whatever you choose) with <actinic:variable name="LINK" />

Save and close Access, and open Actinic and the link should be correctly configured.

I have only tried this once so there may be some horid side effects. I will test some more tonight and report back.

Regards

P.S. Backup your database first otherwise Access can make a real mess of things.

Comment

Thats not the one i refer to Louise, as the problems i experienced were on product details. Inexplicably Actinic could not read its own functionality i.e. the [LINK] operator, yet if you did a pretend change and then applied, it jumped into life. This was probably 4 or 5 months ago now.

Comment

Working...
          X