Order adjustment problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order adjustment problem

I've got a customer who has returned his goods for exchange and we said we'd pay his return postage (£7.95) and replace the faulty item. He asked for his invoice to be ammended to reflect this. As his return postage was more than he paid for his original postage, I decided to add an adjustment to the order and record the £7.95 credit to his card, hopefully giving him a new invoice for the correct amount.

So, I add an adjustment but forgot to make it a negative value so the order is only partially paid. I then deleted this adjustment and added a new, negative adjustment. The order was now overpaid! This is becasue the old adjustement is still there if you close and re-open the order. The only way I can balance it is to add another negative adjustment so the line items are equal to the payments. The invoice now looks silly.

Is this a bug? I have tried purging everything and compacting the database. Is there somewere in access I can manuall edit this order?
    Blank DVD
    Cloth Nappies

Steve are you sure about this? I can't tell from your description if you've made the refund in the payments section yet.

So, I add an adjustment but forgot to make it a negative value so the order is only partially paid.
    This sounds right.

I then deleted this adjustment and added a new, negative adjustment. The order was now overpaid!
    This is what it should be unless you've already processed the refund in the payments section.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I did the payment section first, added a new credit for £7.95 so the order was partially paid. I then added the first adjustment but made it positive so it was even more underpaid. I then deleted this adjustment and made a new negative adjustment which should haev made it full payment recieved as the negative adjustment was the same amount as the credit in the payments section. But it was saying partially paid. I previewed the invoice and the original adjustment is still there. I closed the order, compacted, purged and everything else but I can't delete the adjustment (which also has a typo in so looks silly). THe only way I can get it to say full payment is to add a further negative adjusment so the invoice now has 3 adjustments on it.
      Blank DVD
      Cloth Nappies

Comment

Create a new offline order using the correct details and correct spelling and just delete the junky one possible?

Comment

Yeah, thats what I've done now. I think it just got corrupted or something.
          Blank DVD
          Cloth Nappies

Comment

Steve

I have had similar problems in the past, i always make sure it's clear what way im doing it now. And i have resorted to creating new offline orders as it is sometimes quicker, hard to believe i know but it works

D

Comment

I didn't know if there was some wayof editing the database in access or summink. I'm no expert in that field so didn't want to go poking around without sound advice. Anyway, sorted for now, ta.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
              X