Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A General Script Error Occurred

Hi,

I uploaded the site a day ago and have recieved the following email from a customer trying to use the site:

whenever i select a size, then click "add to cart" this appears :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: The specified product (reference 1498) has just been removed from the catalog. Please return to the catalog and continue shopping. If you press the Refresh or Reload button on your browser, the removed products will no longer be visible in the catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner

when i click checkout this appears :

Error: Your shopping cart has expired, orders must be completed within 3 hours or they will be automatically cancelled.

when i click shopping cart this appears :

Error: There was a problem with some information in the online shop so we cannot take your order. Please contact the shop owner with this information so that they can rectify the problem. Details: The version number (2) of one of your uploaded data files (Discount blob) is incompatible with the existing script version (1). Solution: Refresh the site.

so i'm guessing something aint right?
    It works fine on the seven or eight machines I've tested it on so far. Can anyone shed any light on the problem?

Here's the site: http://www.meatandcheese.co.uk

Cheers,
    Dave

That occurs if you deleted or hidden a parent product and still have the duplicate.
    Peblaco

Comment

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the catlog and as far as I can see all my products are unique. I did have one deleted product which I've purged. Is that what you meant?

Any suggestions as to why this is only happening on certain machines?

Cheers,
      Dave

Comment

I've double checked and am certain there are no duplicates. All I can do is re-upload and hope the problem has been resolved as none of my machines will recreate the error.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Comment

Dave,
          did you ever get to the bottom of this one?
          I'm wondering if perhaps the customer doesn't have their browser set to load a new copy of the page each time, and might be trying to load an out-of-date page?
          Eileen Eby
          http://www.wildbirdfood.uk.com

Comment

Working...
          X