Actinic v8.5.1 - HIZA - Credit Card Encryption fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v8.5.1 - HIZA - Credit Card Encryption fix

Actinic v8.5.1 HIZA is now available to download. This release is incremental to earlier v8.5.1 releases, and fixes several bugs affecting some users with Desktop Card Encryption enabled.

We recommend that this release be installed by all Actinic Business v8 users who have Card Encryption enabled (in 'Business Settings | Options') and either
    - have multiple Actinic Business sites or
    - sometimes start Actinic v8 from the command line

This latest version is available to download from:
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/Registerv8.php4
    If installing the full version, please read carefully the instructions on the download page.

For details of changes in this release see:
    http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/changes_v8.htm

Please Note:

This release contains an untouched set of 8.5.1 scripts, including scripts for payment service providers. This means that if you are using Protx, you will need to reapply the script changes for the new URLs.

Thanks Chris

I take it then i am better off leaving it alone, if i dont use this method, but should i if the other things apply, well sometimes they do? nothing like sitting on the fence

I dont understand why the new url's were not added to the protx script though. seems a little odd that an update is released but it still requires people to do more manual changes to something that IMO should have been included

D

Comment

I've had four or five broken uploads since upgrading, anyone else suffered this?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Mornin G

and sorry i have not gone for the update, as bad as it sounds, if it aint broke and all that

D

Comment

I've had four or five broken uploads since upgrading
          WHat do you mean by a broken upload? What message did you get?

As there were no changes in the page generation or upload code, I think you might be experiencing Actinic getting confused about what it has uploaded, and what it hasn't. This can sometimes happen after an upload and is usually fixed by either a 'Web | Refresh Website' or - if that doesn't work - a 'Help | Troubleshooting | Web Site Purge and Refresh' - although this will temporarily disable ordering at your site so you should only do this at relatively quiet times.

Comment

Yes its cured by refreshing (compacted before refreshing although that may or may not help).

The last two froze on different cat files and restarting the upload then decided they were missing (I thought they got regenerated each time?). I'll monitor it closer now and post up more detail when I have it.

Just wondered if there was a `cause` though as we need to start running our ME Automation again (for stock control) so kind of need it to download/upload painlessly during the night.
            Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
              if it aint broke and all that
              v8 ain't broke?

Post of the Year. Well done Daz.
              Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by george
                v8 ain't broke?
                in Darren's defence (not that he can't do it himself) but I'm sure that's not what he meant and you know it!
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by george
                  v8 ain't broke?
                  Cheeky bugger G, you knew what i ment

He's right, you can't break something that never worked!
                  you may be right there john

Comment

Just wondered if there was a `cause` though as we need to start running our ME Automation again (for stock control) so kind of need it to download/upload painlessly during the night.
                    Well, an upgrade will cause files to be uploaded that haven't been uploaded for a while (like *.cat files) and these have certain permissions set on them by the Perl scripts. If something has changed on your web hosting in the mean time, it could affect this process but not affect standard uploading on a day to day basis.

This is just conjecture - if you are using 'Enhanced FTP' you should have a *.log file in your site folder which will report any errors experienced.

Comment

From memory twice it froze on two different cat files when uploading (separate uploads), and twice it was `missing pages`. Another upload halted as said files/pages were missing.

Compacting then refreshing cured it. Hopefully it was only related to the initial upgrade.

I'll report should it happen again.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

I've had to upgrade to 8.5.1 for a design change. Does anyone have a working copy of realexscript I could take a look at or know what area of the script controls the "paymant authorised" response from realex? Since i upgraded thais has stopped working, also had to manually insert the autosetlle flag. Cant understand why an option not to overwrite this script was not given during installation.

Thanks
                        www.satellite.ie

Comment

Check this folder
                          Code:
                          C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Backup v8.5.1.0.0.0.HFUA\Site1\CommonOCC
                          or equivalent. That should have original untouched files in them.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                            Check this folder
                            Code:
                            C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Backup v8.5.1.0.0.0.HFUA\Site1\CommonOCC
                            or equivalent. That should have original untouched files in them.
                            I think the problem is the original files do not work, as i mentioned the autosettle flag is missing for example.. I'll take a look and see if there is any difference in the files. thanks for the response.
                            www.satellite.ie

Comment

As I suspected both files are the same ( as far as I can tell) apart from the auto settle flag. Does 8.5 do anything different in comparison to 8.0 with regard to realex and maybe other PSP's?
                              www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                              X