Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time restriction on offers

Good Afternoon

I am wanting to offer a welcome offer to any new customers in the form of a coupon code included with their goods. I aslo want to put a time restriction on it i.e. 14 days from when the goods were dispatched.

Want i don't want to do is enter a new code for every customer to ensure they get 14 days.

is there anyway actinic can create a random code starting and finishing 14 days after the order was dispatched.

or am i living in a fantasy land, and this isn't remotely possible?

You're in La-La land i'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      La-La land
      Better than Tinky-Winky or Po land then?

On a serious note, Rannoch, although what you are asking for "seems" like it should be straight forward, the implications for the Actinic software are quite large to automate what you require, even before you take other permutations into account e.g. Discount code sent on order placed/payment processed/invoice printed/goods shipped etc etc

IS there no work around with a general/global discount? Perhaps you can set one up that you change relatively regularly to stop abuse? Surely someone taking advantage of an extended discount (i.e. buying) even when not ideal, is certainly better than them not buying at all?
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

thanx, i had a feeling it was a long shot

Comment

We set up one code per month and our invoices detect when someone has ordered a sample and then automatically pick up the correct one based on the current date and add the details to our invoice (our regular customers automatically get the discount - so they don't need the code).

it's Ecommerce software Jim, but not as we know it!
          When you know how to play the game you can boldly go where not many have been before ;-)

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by rannoch
            I aslo want to put a time restriction on it i.e. 14 days from when the goods were dispatched.
            Why the short timescale? Not sure what the products are but often better not to time limit to strictly on follow up offers - allow the customer to use the existing purchase and not feel they have missed out if they have not used or been on holiday, awaiting pay day etc.

When I mail shot offers I often put say a 2 month expiry on them ... usually adding in 3 months into Actinic in case people have been away, forget etc... it is surprising the number that use the code within the extra month.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X