Catalog Client - installing on a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog Client - installing on a server

Can I install the Catalog Client on the client's own (local ie LAN) server? So they can then see/run it from one of their PCs?

I (and they) realise that it is single user, but the server is properly backed up!

Thanks!

what you need sir, is this:

http://www.interact-studio.co.uk/interact-actinet.html

Comment

You are right in that Actinic Catalog is single-user, but we do also have a multi-user product if you have a number of order processors who all need to access the same data.

Also, for order processing, Jan Strassen at http://www.mole-end.biz/ has a range of order processing applications that can be used by more than one user.

Comment

lols, you let me plug away in peace, you bugger.

i was going to mention them, i promise.

*wink*

Comment

If you share a drive from your server to your users computer, you should be able to install Actinic onto it, this will work fine if you use it as a single user system, however if you should accidentally use it from several locations at the same time, horrible things might happen to your data.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Jan - and everyone else!

I wanted the simple (and admittedly dirty) solution; they are a very small company and only one person deals with orders so until my Actinic system has trebled their business it will be sufficient! After that we can consider the extras...

Thanks again (I am looking forward to getting this site live - it has been a ***long*** haul!).

Comment

Working...
            X