Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

digital download quantity

Hi all

If a digital download is added to a product then max/min quantities are 'greyed out'. Even though max is set to zero you cannot enter a quantity on-line.

The problem I have with this is that we sell software and Mr customer may want to buy more than one of the same product. Say he wants three then he has to place 3 orders! Madness!

Actinic support say this cannot be changed, does anybody know of a way around this?

Cheers

PS

Since the original post I have managed to always include a Quantity field by modifying the file ActinicOrder.pm in the following line.

if ( # $$pProduct {"MIN_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} != $$pProduct{"MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE"} && The quantity might change
    $bIncludeButtons)

this suggestion was in http://community.actinic.com/showthr...nload+quantity

However I still can't have a quantity greater than one.
    Last edited by cdlphil; 12-Sep-2007, 01:53 PM. Reason: found more info

Surely, if a customer buys three copies of the same software, he needs one download and three activation keys.

Can you sell the keys as a seperate quantified component?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

In case of DD products the MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE field in the product BLOB is set to 1. You need to work that around to allow more than one DD products. Probably it can be done quickly by editing ActinicOrder::GetMaxRemains function. E.g. you can try to change the line
      Code:
      $nQuantityLeft = $$pProduct{'MAX_QUANTITY_ORDERABLE'};
      to
      Code:
      $nQuantityLeft = 0;
      what should make fool the online validation allowing you to add more products to the cart regardless the max qty setting. Please note that it will completely disable the max quantity checking.
      Zoltan
      Actinic Software
      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks guys.

Bill, I can see your point but we issue the keys manually, so if the customer buys a key he would expect it there and then, this creates a problem for us (out of office hours, weekends etc).

zmagyar, Cheers that works a treat, exactly what I wanted, we have no probs with the max qty being disabled.

Comment

Working...
        X