Sitemap Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitemap Help

Sorry bit of an amateur at this. I have looked in all the obvious places. Can anyone give me an idiots guide to creating a sitemap within V8 ( I know about creating an XML one) but I'd like one on my site I changed a page to site map in design but it disappears when I FTP it???

Originally posted by NigeMC
    I changed a page to site map in design but it disappears when I FTP it???
    I couldn't decipher what the above sentence is trying to say as it makes no sense to me when reading it. If you look at page name sitemap.html (within your acatalog folder online) you will see the sitemap actinic automatically does for you. If you don't see that then you have trashed the layout, so revert it to factory settings in the design-library and it will reappear.

A sitemap is done for you as standard in actinic, you do not need to do anything.

Comment

Sitemap

Sorry if I did not make myself clear. I made a new brochure page then went to the design tap converted it to a sitemap then up loaded it. I then clicked on the sitemap rollover I had created and hey presto there was nothing there. I have followed the path suggested above and it is there. Should there be a link on the home page to the site map?

Secondly, can anyone kindly advise what is the FTP path for a google sitemap to the actinic server?

Comment

Nigel, there is a sitemap already created for you as standard, why are you creating your own? You can select the standard sitemap from the drop down menu on the design tab, its page name is 'sitemap.html' as already mentioned, you just need to link to that.

As for Google sitemap, you need some ftp software and just place that in the root of the site, do not use actinic to do this, needs to be external software ideally as actinic puts it in the acatalog folder.

Comment

sitemap

many thanks

Comment

Hi, I had a new Actinic template designed by a design company but the template produced does not include site map button/link and the company involved are not interested in helping without charging me loads more money! I can see the site map is built within the actinic software (V10) but how can I put a link to this on the home page? the website address is www.sharpemaintenance.co.uk. Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comment

You will need to add a link into the design such as this:
              <a href="sitemap.html">Sitemap</a>

Comment

Sorted - thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                X