Out Of Stock Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out Of Stock Text

I would like to add some text to the standard 'Out Of Stock' text that appears. Where do I do this?

Thanks

Design menu > Text > Web site Cont tab > General information tab > Change where it says "Current value" and then Apply / OK.
    Peblaco

Comment

a clever trick

This isnt the answer, but its actually a clever way to do something similar.

scenario:
      you dont use actinic to control your stock, but you make use of the 'available to buy' checkbox next to products a lot. but you find that it simply takes away the button and leaves the customer dangling.

well, what i did was, in the parent template to the button, set a variable in javascript, just before the button to false. in the button template, use some javascript to set a variable to true.

this means that if the button is displayed, then its set to true. and if its not, it stays false.

then, after the button is displayed, set some javascript to write something to the page, it the variable is false.

like: 'sorry, out of stock!'.

this way, the user isnt left hanging. this is good for V7, where blockifs arent available. but it works in v8 too.

just before your buy button:
      HTML Code:
      <script>
      	var isavailable = false;
      </script>
      in the buy button template:
      HTML Code:
      <script>
      	var isavailable = true;
      </script>
      after all that, where you want your message:
      HTML Code:
      <script>
      	if (!(isavailable==true)) {
      		document.write('Out of stock!');
      	};
      </script>

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
        Design menu > Text > Web site Cont tab > General information tab > Change where it says "Current value" and then Apply / OK.
        Wonderful thank you, your response was quicker that hanging on hold on the phone to Actinic Support! I have now made my changes.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. It all looks a bit too technical to me, all that text scares me! Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Novicebuild
            all that text scares me!
            Gabe has that effect on people sometimes LOL

Seriously though, I read all these javascript solution posts avidly because I know nothing about it and it starts to make sense after a while!
            Tracey

Comment

I read all these php solution posts avidly because I know nothing
              shame this solution was JS

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                shame this solution was JS
                haha
                that's what I meant

sorry, I was reading multiple posts at once...that'll serve me right

(editted now!)
                Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                  well, what i did was, in the parent template to the button, set a variable in javascript, just before the button to false. in the button template, use some javascript to set a variable to true.

this means that if the button is displayed, then its set to true. and if its not, it stays false.

then, after the button is displayed, set some javascript to write something to the page, it the variable is false.

like: 'sorry, out of stock!'.
                  [/HTML]
                  This is almost exactly what I am trying to do but could you please tell me what are the template names where I should make these changes. I am a javascript ignoramus and so am a bit scared but it looks quite simple if I can just get it in the right place !

Thanks
                  Richard
                  Richard
                  www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Working...
                  X