Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the purpose of this code?

Hi everyone.
    I am trying to tidy up some code, and i was wondering if someone here could point me in the right direction to what this code means and does? It's from my standard section page in actinic

Regards
    Paul
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

LOL, thats what i thought it was for, but wanted to make sure.
    Thanks

Comment

1 more thing, i have just found out that it is repeated again, in my product layout. I asume that it is ok to remove the duplicated code in the product layout?

Paul

Comment

Its a custom layout im using. I do know that when i click the button to go up a level it takes me through my standard section page with the same code

Comment

Paul,

It's required in both places, you will break your site removing it! It won't be duplicated online, one is for section use, the other is for product use.
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

I just uploaded the site, and viewed the source. Its only generated the code once. I think i will leave it

Thanks for the help

Paul

Comment

Leave it in. It is essential. There are several shopping modes. One with all product within a single FORM (single add to cart per page). Another with a FORM per product. This code deals with both possibilities and is conditionally generated as needed.

There have been a few post this week where people seem to want to rip out stuff they don't understand. Imagine a surgeon doing the same thing to you - "while I was taking out your appendix I noticed a few bits that I didn't recognise so I ripped them out too". "Feeling better now"?
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

1 more thing, i have just found out that it is repeated again, in my product layout. I asume that it is ok to remove the duplicated code in the product layout?
                only to be attemped by the more suicidal members of the community

I just uploaded the site, and viewed the source. Its only generated the code once. I think i will leave it
                ah good sense prevails

Comment

LOL, Norman you put things into reality

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
                    There have been a few post this week where people seem to want to rip out stuff they don't understand. Imagine a surgeon doing the same thing to you - "while I was taking out your appendix I noticed a few bits that I didn't recognise so I ripped them out too". "Feeling better now"?
                    that's funny!
                    good analogy but too funny
                    Tracey

Comment

Click the little box with the minus sign (on your image), that'll tidy it up for you but not trash the site too.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                        Click the little box with the minus sign (on your image), that'll tidy it up for you but not trash the site too.
                        I dont understand?

Comment

To be honest Paul, if you cannot see a little box with a minus sign within it on the image your provided us, you are probably past the stage where i can offer any help.

Comment

Oh i understand now - Next to the blockif statements

Comment

Im at the stage where if i dont know what it does, and the site is working properly then im leavin it.

Comment

Working...
                              X