v8.0 bouce pages - where do I change the master layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v8.0 bouce pages - where do I change the master layout

I've got the bounce (plain and ssl) pages in front of me (designer tabs) and I want to remove the menu's from it - not really interested in those if pagetype=bounce - hide menu - endif bits of code

I've searched all over the darned place looking for the dropdown that allows me to change the master layout for those pages

I've even gone into the library to change the layout options to allow ONLY my "master-page-without-menu" but still no change.

put me out of my misery, please tell me where and how: confused:

Originally posted by completerookie
    put me out of my misery
    Why are you not interested in using blockif's? It is the obvious and easiest way to do it and will save you having to maintain another layout!
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

DESIGN | THEMES | ADVANCED THEMES CONFIGURATION | PAGE LAYOUTS | ADVANCED PAGE CONFIGURATION any good?

Comment

Thanks Lee.
        I tried changing the bounce page layout there, but no joy, regardless of what I choose, I cannot re-define the master layout for these two pages.

I created a standard page (for brochures, contents and others, then another without the menu . In all the other pages that do not warrant a menu, (checkout 1,2,3 , login, etc etc,) I have been able to simply use a dropdown somewhere and declare the page layout to be "normal-no-menu" and they all happily obey. EXCEPT the bounce pages

Doing it this way, I have just TWO layouts to maintain - one is where I require a menu, one is where I do not. not one layout with multiple if/endif's to maintain.

I am not adverse to if/endifs and can happily run around multi nested blocks etc no probs, its just that declaring two layouts and bouncing (sorry no pun intended) seems to be an easier way

Comment

Kevin,

You realise you will only need one blockif wrapped round the nav?

For instance, we use the following inside a blockif to hide our right hand nave from all our checkout/bounce pages etc:-

Code:
          <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Shopping Cart' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Add To Cart Confirmation' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Bounce Page' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 0' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 1' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 2' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Checkout Page 3' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Receipt' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'SSL Bounce Page' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Overwrite Saved Cart Confirmation Page' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'PSP Bounce Page' AND <actinic:variable name="PageType" /> != 'Contact Us'
          Guess it depends how you work but I find this way much easier.
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

doing the if/endif is not the issue here, I'm quite happy coding it, I just do NOT see the point of putting the if statement in for these pages,
            the point I raise is that with multiple pages, I potentially end up with multiple if statements.
            taking it to the extreme,
            if not bounce page or if not checkout page 0 or if not . . .
            and the list goes on.

I do not object to ifs in if there is no other way.
            I have the option avaialble in layouts, and I expect it to change, like peblaco says, perhaps its a bug, in which case, I've got no choice but to do an if/endif until the bug is fixed.

Comment

I TOTALLY understand if/endif's
              I've been programming for 20+ years so these concepts are NOT the problem, its the point that we SHOULD be able to just change the template page for the bounce pages. - thats it !.

clearly if we can't just change the template from a dropdown, then I'll have no option to put an if/endif in the code and I can do this part without asking help from the forum - the question was simply "where's the dropdown"

Comment

DESIGN | THEMES | ADVANCED THEME SETTINGS | PAGE LAYOUT tab.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

the SSL bounce page layout can be defined by yes going here:
                  DESIGN | THEMES | ADVANCED THEME SETTINGS | PAGE LAYOUT tab.

then click on Advanced Page Configuration.. then scroll down and choose Outer page selector!

Jenny
                  Hanson Web Design
                  www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                  jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                  Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Working...
                  X