Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT for businesses in the EU

Hi There,

I have a client who sells to customers within the EU that are businesses and shouldnt be paying VAT.

Is there a way where we can have an option for businesses in the EU to be excluded from paying for goods with VAT being added?

And is there a way that they can also add their VAT into a field which then gets sent with the receipt/order or something?

Many thanks

Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

What makes these EU businesses exempt from paying VAT? Are you sure you have the rules the correct way round?

Comment

This should be automatic if your prices are entered ex. VAT.

If you're having problems check 'Business Settings' > 'tax' under EU tax zone and tick the box 'Allow Exemption' for VAT.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Angi

the rules state that for your client to do that the other company MUST provide a valid EU VAT Number.

so my solution would be to create accounts for them and display specifically prices without VAT which they can process to checkout (i am not exactly sure whether this is possible in Actinic as we never tried this)

Comment

You don't need to create accounts. Anyone that claims VAT exemption gets presented with a box to enter their VAT number.

Then all you need to do is check the VAT number is valid here http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...tedLanguage=EN before shipping the order.

Mike

PS: If they are regular customers then the best solution as described above would be to create accounts. In this case I would also ask to see some headed paper with the full company details. Especially if doing 30 day payments, etc.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
          X