multiple sites on one domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple sites on one domain

Is it possible to set-up multiple langauge versions of a site on one domain using actinic. By this I mean multiple sites but published to different subfolders.

So that I could have:
    english at www.viteyes.eu/eng/
    french at www.viteyes.eu/fr/
    german at www.viteyes.eu/de/
    etc....

If so would I have to do anything special in the network set-up and could I use the same cgi-bin for all of them.

Jame
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Originally posted by JimboS
    Is it possible to set-up multiple langauge versions of a site on one domain using actinic. By this I mean multiple sites but published to different subfolders.

So that I could have:
    english at www.viteyes.eu/eng/
    french at www.viteyes.eu/fr/
    german at www.viteyes.eu/de/
    etc....

If so would I have to do anything special in the network set-up and could I use the same cgi-bin for all of them.

Jame
    Yes you can, they would all be discrete site with their own basket/checkout. ie each site has its own copy of actinic.

they could use thesame cgibin as long as each site has a different script ID, or each site can haves its own bin

you can not use one copy of actinic and subdivide into folders.

One copy of actinc = one checkout

Comment

For the search engines you would be better placing each country in thats countries server i.e. German in a german server, uk in english etc
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        they could use thesame cgibin as long as each site has a different script ID, or each site can haves its own bin
        If I use a different script number and the same cgibin, would I then be able to have different langauges in the checkout area for each site, or should I create sub folders with different cgibin's in this case?

James
        www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
        www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Same CGI-BIN (i.e. folder on server that processes scripts within it) and different CGI Script ID = completely separate checkouts

i.e. each checkout has its own pages and text configurable in each Actinic site.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks for that - may come to nothing but at least I know

James

Comment

Working...
            X