Discounting Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounting Issues

I am trying to allow a coupon discount of 10%. There are some items I do not want included, so have created a product group without them, however they are still recieving the discount.
    I have enabled cart value incl actual tax, but the discount is being deducted before tax. I must be doing something wrong but have spent all day on this so far and need some help!
    http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

Put the items that WILL get the discount in the group, NOT the ones that won't.

Comment

Thats what I did do!

Comment

Hmm you either changed your explanation or i read it wrong then. Can you show some screenshots of what you have setup, sounds like the discount is applied to the whole cart and not the product group.

Comment

Ok I am not very computer literate, I don't know how to show you a screenshot.
          You mis read my initial post, I have not changed anything.

Comment

Here is what happens in the cart. I am getting numerous discounts applied and all before tax despite settings for after tax

Shopping CartREF DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE COST
            EMB-DMCK4525 Garden Floral Bookmark 1
            £8.50 £8.50
            A2HSOW Star of Wonder 1
            £13.95 £13.95
            FbYLC Uneven Log Cabin Foundation by the Yard 1
            £6.80 £6.80
            BP749 Carolina Lily Brooch Pin 1
            £5.10 £5.10
            Overall discount
            -£3.44
            Subtotal £30.91
            Order Adjustment Example -£3.09
            Overall Discount -£3.09
            VAT £2.57
            Total £27.30

The total of the goods should be
            £37.92 - 10% = £34.13

instead it is calculating £27.30.

Help!

Comment

Sally

you need to assign all your products to 2 groups

for example

1) discountable products
              2) non discountable products

Then open the discounts settings, and click on cart contents, then set up your discount, by clicking new, enter the name for you coupon, then set up you trigger amount, the before vat e.tc, give it a coupon code, decide if % off or money off. then set up the restrictions if you require.

This should be all you need to do

D

Comment

Darren - I'd question that answer.

Sally,
                Edit the discount. On the Cart Contents tab, General subtab, ensure Enabled is ticked, use based on Quantity and Trigger 1, then check the product group you created is shown in the Product Group line. Requires Coupon should NOT be checked, and there is no need to create a coupon code.

Reward type % off, Reward Amount 10.00

The discount will be applied before VAT is calculated, and VAT will only be calculated on the reduced subtotal, effectively discounting the tax correctly.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill sally said coupon discount, so you need to create a coupon, or i completely miss read this

Sally the reason looks to me from your list that you have 2 discounts set up and it would appear that it is all pre-vat, it is hard to work out from the example shown but something is from another discount, have you ticked the only allow one discount

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                    Bill sally said coupon discount, so you need to create a coupon, or i completely miss read this
                    Yes, I can give you that (but it is unecessary, unless the discount is to be restricted by coupon) - but why create two groups?
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

I always have created 2 groups, i know some might think it pointless, but it worked for me.

I have a set up to discount various % depending on the basket value pre vat, but some products cant/dont have discounts so i found it easier to put them in there own groups.

As you know bill, actinic is fragile sometimes so i just do belt and braces

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

Hi
                        I thik I have done all that, but I get 2 discounts both given the same name, one appears in the cart immediately beloow te product prices (prior to tax) and gives the 10% discount, then there is a subtotal, then it discounts again (again prior to tax) a further 10%, then it adds the tax then the total. Both discounts are given the same name.

I am at a loss, I have only the cart contents setting enabled.

The non discountable products (so not in selected group) are still being discounted (Twice!)

I am really stuck!

Comment

Sally

You may have to delete the coupons you have created, compact database then completely refresh you website, it sounds as though you are picking things up that should not be there.

once you have cleared the discounts, no need to delete the groups and things, then add a simple one in and upload, what you are trying to achieve is straight forward.

D

Comment

Working...
                          X