Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra bits of code - where do they come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra bits of code - where do they come from?

Hi

I am using Actinic V8/Catalog to try & rebuild an existing website.

In the design tab, in the layout code window, I have the following:

before innerlayout
    <actinic:variable name='INNERLAYOUT' />
    after innerlayout

I put the lines 'before innerlayout' and 'after innerlayout' to try & work out what was going on. Then I hit the 'Offline Page Preview' button, and view source, again to see what was going on. An extra bit of html had been introduced here that I didn't ask for:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td valign="top">

Where is this coming from?

For the time being, I have counteracted it by putting the following in to the fragment layout:

</td></tr></table>

Stapes

INNERLAYOUT is a global name for everything that gets shown on the inner area of your site. It does a multitude of things dependant on which page etc.
    Leave it alone and do not touch it.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      INNERLAYOUT is a global name for everything that gets shown on the inner area of your site. It does a multitude of things dependant on which page etc.
      Leave it alone and do not touch it.
      I didn't touch it. RTFmessage.

Comment

Originally posted by stapes
        That's a wonderful attitude.

You did not actually ask a question - did you intend to?

If you added a fragment to the page, what layout did you choose for the fragment? What overall theme are you using?

Not sure you have grasped the idea of Actinic. You add content (fragments, products, images) in the content tree, then Actinic writes HTML pages based on what you have done.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Good luck Stephen.

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
            That's a wonderful attitude.

You did not actually ask a question - did you intend to?

If you added a fragment to the page, what layout did you choose for the fragment? What overall theme are you using?

Not sure you have grasped the idea of Actinic. You add content (fragments, products, images) in the content tree, then Actinic writes HTML pages based on what you have done.
            Attitude - when I joined this forum I was greeted with RTFM, so I assumed that was the general tone of the community.

I did ask a question - Where is the extra code coming from?

Anyhow - I found it, so forget it.

As for not grasping the idea of actinic - damned right. What a piece of crap. I would sooner build the application myself. This is typical of these modern things that try to do everything for you. To bloody complicated by far. The manual is pretty much irrelevant. Doesn't say anything useful.

Comment

As for attitude, we're not all like that. Good luck with your project.
              Peblaco

Comment

Attitude - when I joined this forum I was greeted with RTFM, so I assumed that was the general tone of the community.

I did ask a question - Where is the extra code coming from?

Anyhow - I found it, so forget it.

As for not grasping the idea of actinic - damned right. What a piece of crap. I would sooner build the application myself. This is typical of these modern things that try to do everything for you. To bloody complicated by far. The manual is pretty much irrelevant. Doesn't say anything useful.
                Does this mean we won't get any more posts like this from you? Please!!!
                Brian
                www.flowergallery.co.uk
                Same day flower delivery to UK
                Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
                International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco
                  As for attitude, we're not all like that. Good luck with your project.
                  agreed
                  Tracey

Comment

when I joined this forum I was greeted with RTFM
                    You were asked politely to read the manual because you were asking very basic questions about Actinic - ALL of which have been answered many times on the forum and were available if you had searched.

Reading back through your posts it is you who started telling people to RTFQ and so you have been replied to in a similar manner.

You are obviously under pressure to get this site sorted and as a commercial company you should consider attending the Actinic training course or contracting out the work until you have enough experience to work with Actinic.

Comment

Working...
                    X