Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift Wrapping

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for a Gift Warapping option in time for this Xmas.
    Found one thread

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...highlight=gift

but the last entry was 2005 so way out of date.

Here's what I want to do.

I want to offer the option for customers to get their items gift wrapped. Some issues

a) the cost of gift wrapping a pair of socks is completely different to that of a coat. How would I config this? Shipping weight of the item is a good guide but how do I link into that for wrapping?
    b) Its possible that not all items purchased will want to be wrapped i.e. it needs to be an option per item purchased not just all items
    c) really needs to be an option at the shopping cart / checkout stage. Adding "gift wrapping" as a extra product doesnt really work. And can't address the above issue

Proberbly many more issue I've not thought about but those are the one I can think of.

Has anyone out there got the same issues? How did you fix it?

Any ideas / comments welcome

Matt
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=gift+wrap this is probably as good as it gets - but not what you want

Comment

Try adding Gift Wrapping as a component to each product. That way you can specify a gift wrapping price for each product. Presumably you would only have a few different gift wrap prices, so you could create each of these as a hidden product linked to a component, then select the relevant component for each product.
      Brian
      www.flowergallery.co.uk
      Same day flower delivery to UK
      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Gitft Warrpaing

Thanks Brian,

I see what you getting at. But that would be a lot of work I have so many products. I was hoping for a better / smarter solution.

Just off the top of my head could I somehow use product categories or properties. I mean split my products into
        SMALL
        MEDIUM
        LARGE

with average wrapping costs. Then somehow use this info to give the option to add gift wrapping? Sounds promising but not sure if its possible or how I'd config it.

Any brain boxes out there got any thoughts?

Matt
        Matthew Wildeman
        www.bigmatts.com
        2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Matthew,

I am afraid this is not possible, else one of the brainboxes would have responded to you already. The link Jo provided is perhaps as close as you can get to what you want with it at the moment.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X