Hiding a store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding a store!

Need to build a store which is linked from a client's main site within two password protected areas - different types of membership. The two groups need access to the store but have different pricing. Client doesn't want to provide a CSV file with the password details.

I'm hoping that if I create two customer accounts, the login details could be used as part of the link and that would give both groups access to their areas but also keep out anyone finding the store URL externally.

Store is to be hosted on different server.

Has anyone tried something like this before? Any advice would be much appreciated, as always!

TIA,
    Virginia

Hi Virginia

Have you looked at the "Preventing Unregistered Customers from Entering Certain Sections in your Store" from the Advacned User's Guide . The guide is available for download from HERE If that does not help do let me know.

Kind Regards
    Kiran Chandran
    Technical Support - SellerDeck
    http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Thanks Kiran - have done that and added the <META ROBOTS NONE> option too so am fairly confident of keeping the content safe.

However is it possible to have 2 customer groups within the code, ie change Schedules="2" to Schedules="Group1,Group2"? Have tried but can't get it working! Or am I asking the impossible?!

Virginia

Comment

That is possible, though you will have to use the discount schedule id as it is in the database... you can have Schedules="2, 3" etc to include multiple discount groups.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Kiran
          Hi Virginia

Have you looked at the "Preventing Unregistered Customers from Entering Certain Sections in your Store"
          On a similar note is it possible to have one multi user password that is not associated to a person or address?

We would like to have an offers section for customers who register for our newsletter but don't want to have to set up customer accounts for each person.
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

In that case you can set up a generic account and have the details sent out to all your newsletter subscribers, it should be fine.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce,

When I try to do this Actinic insists on including full contact details and payment method. Obviously I want to leave this blank as I only require a user name and password.

Any Ideas on how I can set up a generic account?

Many thanks

Jason
              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
              X