Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Email from customer

Hi

One of my clients received the following email: Dont' think it's a bounce page that we've added ourselves as all our domain redirects have a 3 second delay - does anybody have any idea's if any of the actinic produced bounce pages could ever produce this behaviour in quirky circumstances - if so we'll ignore it as a one off - if people think not, then I'll do a more extensive search of our code to see if we can track it down.
    Hello,

Whilst following a google search to your web site I did a quick search couldn't find what I wanted and clicked back to go back to my google search but found that I couldn't exit your web site because of a clever little java script applet that kept me on the web site. Eventually I had to close my browser and restart my search.

The experience was a bit like going into a shop and being stopped on exit because I hadn't bought anything. This is rude.

I will remember your company and make sure that I don't ever buy anything from you.
    Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

I didn't have any such problems using the search.

Why not reply, telling him there shouldn't be this kind of problem and would he mind helping you work out where the problem is.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike

We did infact email asking for help tracking down the problem - however nothing back - Oh well
      Wayne Theisinger

The Web's just settling in. We got the tech, now let's put up something that matters.

Comment

Wayne, the first time i have heard of this, and not something in actinic, well highly unlikely, more likely and IE bug there are loads.

When i get emails like this, i always say to people are you using Internet Explorer and leave it at that, when they reply which most dont because they really ar'nt sure if it was your problem or not

D

Comment

Interesting in this case though that the person appears to know that a problem was due to 'a java script applet'. I wonder what would have made him draw that conclusion.

Comment

That crossed my mind, but i have had problems with JS, causing IE to stop responding on other sites, IE7 is very bad for it on one of my vista machine

But as to why the person would know it was a JS applet?

Who knows duncan

Comment

Well thanks for the responses - might leave it at that, I've had a look at all the redirects that I know about and can't find a problem - so maybe issue was at his end. Oh well - at least it's the weekend.
              Wayne Theisinger

Comment

URL of the site concerned is???

Comment

Working...
                X