X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Delivery Coupons

Hello,

I'm struggling with promotional codes!!

I can’t find out how to add a coupon code which will give my customer free delivery when it's used but are charged normal delivery if it’s now. I currently charge delivery based on weight to a max of £6 but the customer gets free delivery if they spend £100 or more. I want to be able to offer as a promotion free delivery say if they spend £50 and use code XYZ... Does anyone know how i can do this?

Lesley

I don't think you can via a coupon code, you would do that through your shipping charges setup. Coupons work on total figures, percentages off or set amounts off, i can't think of a way to get that to read a dynamic shipping amount. Having said that if it is £6 up to £100 and then free after, you could have a £6 reduction on costs triggered by £100 however this would come off the product amount and confuse people as they would still see shipping charges. Also, how could it ever know how much the shipping is on an order over £50 but under £100?

Keep it simple, don't run coupons on shipping costs, use the standard system to do that and keep coupons for all other cart discounts.

Comment

Thanks Lee. I think you're right in that the best way forward is to not offer free delivery to specific groups using the code and maybe we have a blanket promo at key times. It's a shame though as Free Delivery codes are widespread in my sector and software like Actinic should be able to cope with such a situation.

I'm also struggling with the product groups for discounts - it seems as though I can't have a product in more than one group??? if this is true then again it's a real shame as I would like to be able to offer different customer groups discounts on certain product groups of which some may overlap. e.g. 10% off all gifts & hampers to group A and 15% off Entire range except bulk packs to group B. When I try this it says that the products in gifts & hampers already exist in a different group did I want to move them?? no - I just want to copy them. I tried to get around it by creating a product group to reflect each section of the website, but then I was stumped as I can only add one product group to each offer.

Maybe I’m expecting too much from Actinic.

Comment

You are right Lesley, can only belong in one group.

Comment

For post #3 - you can offer different prices to different customer groups (if you are talking about logging in customer groups) on the prices tab of the product itself.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,

Yes we do currently also offer different prices for different customer groups. My dilemma is that we also run campaigns with external agencies who offer their staff or members discounts with us. These can be varied depending on the type of organisation and that's where offering a different 'basket' of promo's is useful. Shame Actinic couldn't be further developed in this area - maybe something to go onto the wish list.

cheers
            Lesley

Comment

Lesley,

This is on a wish-list and I will add a vote on your behalf.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X